What do you think of this Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdl51

Hi All,
I have an 64MB AGP 4X GeForce4200 Ti borrowed from another computer, so i have to put it back and buy one for my system, this one works pretty good but some games cannot be played at Maximum settings, and I love playing games with high details running smoothly, what do you think of the PNY Nvidia FX 5500 128MB AGP 8X video card, anyone tried this card?

That is not a very good card at all. If you want to play games fairly well then you want at least a 6600.

The card you metioned is going to run games at low settings. You need atlest a 6800 for mid-high settings.

By the way what game(s) are you trying to play at high settings?

Right now I want to play Need for Speed Most Wanted and Age of Empires 3, My old ATI 9600XT played those games at High Settings pretty good, what a shame that my 9600XT died :( so I used ATI for many years and want to try nvidia, but not sure which one is better, I love the AIW ATI cards, I'm also thinking about AIW X800 XT, but somebody told me AIW cards are not as good as the ones that doesnt include the TV tuner, I dont know if this is true or not

It is true...AIW cards are not as good for gaming. Do not buy the FX5500 since you have an AGP slot. I agree with twite..you need to buy at least a 6600. What is your budget?? List your computer specs (including your Power supply brand and wattage). A 6600 will cost you around $100. But if you can afford it I would buy either a 6600GT or a X800GTO. The 6600GT costs around $140 and the X800GTO costs around $160.

all those are nvidia right? so any suggestions for ATI? is the X1600pro good? or sholud definitely go with nvidia, well budget is kinda low right now but I better buy something is worth it, so I think I'm around 200 USD, comp specs are: MOBO ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe AGP 8X, Pentium4 3.4 Ghz HT, 4GB DDR PC3200 RAM, PSU brand EZ Max 430W, I appreciate all the suggestions because I think I'll buy this weekend and I'll take a lot advice from you, Thanks!!

That is a really nice budget....
go with the X800GTO...if you want the vendor packaging you might want to go with the "retail version" of the card that Rage posted. It's only like $5 more. That is going to be an awesome upgrade.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102609

One question....I am not familiar with EZ Max brand PSUs. Can you post what the PSU sticker says for the Amps on each rail? Does the PSU have dual 12V rails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back