What happend to demonoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

0mega9401

did the man take demonoid down...... what going on here!!! this is nuts ive ben trying to log in and the site is gone!!!!! if so im pulling my ****** flag down for a day.

Rumor has it that it was shut down by the Canadian Recording Industry Association.
TorrentFreak said:
Source: http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-shut-down-by-cria-070925/

Demonoid.com, one of the most popular BitTorrent trackers has allegedly been taken offline by the Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA). Both the tracker and the website have been unresponsive for nearly 24 hours now.

As of now it is still unsure what exactly happened, but the popular Dutch news site nu.nl reports that the CRIA is responsible for the downtime.

TorrentFreak contacted some of the Demonoid administrators, but they are not sure what happened either. It is certainly possible that Demonoid’s Canadian ISP pulled the plug after being pressured by the CRIA. Deimos, the founder and the head admin of the site is unreachable and has not responded yet.

No need to get that upset over a website that is having some downtime. I can almost guarantee that the Canadian Government pulled the plug on them as the article says :( !

no GOD NO!!!!!!! its over man game over!!!! well until they move their stuff over seas! so fudge you canada!

SuprNova is back, sort of. So at least you had one to replace it. I don't trust the big public (or any public) tracker(s) much anyway.

As I read earlier somewhere there are alot of other sites that upload torrents and they list Demonoid Torrents on their sites and you can download them from there I did one last night think I was at torrentbox and did a search for something and 1 came up from demonoid and it let me download, so with that being said I agree with the guy a couple of comments ago....not to worry they will be back till then I will just stick to my utorrent and just do the searches either thru there or on the net. happy seeding y'all and Demonoid isn't dead till the last torrent sings LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back