What headphones are thumping on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucleardreams

What headphones are thumpen on your PC?

Any of you ever had this happen. You go down to your favorite electronic store cruising for a piece of hardware that will change your multimedia experience for at least a week. You think, man I could use a little ear candy, some better than awesome headphones. So you slide over to the headthing section and fix your eyes on some thumping phones. You reach your hand out for a feel and in mid air the breaks kick in. $120!!! Holy sh*t'n a bucket.

What do you multimedia freaks think is the limit. I mean, you don't have to sell one of your kidneys to buy some kick'n bass and tweeters. Maybe you can smear some advice on this thread and let others know what kickass means.

side note: my current phones are from Philips, SBC HP890, got em for $65.

PZEROFGH said:
bose tripod headphones 150 bucks man, awesome!

Man, now those are some serious phones. I tried on some Bose QuietComfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones at a electronic store demo, it was love at first tone. As soon as I put them on all outside noise dissapeared, some awesome stuff. If I had the $450, I might of went home with them.

I'm using Koss Pro3AA Titanium that were $85 on sale. They're great and very comfortable. Also, they have a great lifetime warranty. My wife broke them while cleaning and I sent them back (no receipt or anything) and they were back on my head within a week, no questions asked. Now that is service and they have a customer for life.

I got my first real headphones, a pair of Alessandro Grado Music Series One. It's a tweaked version of one of the headphones from the Grado lineup at a local headphone store. This probably my best AUD$150 spent.

I really like the signature sound. The forwardness in the midrange, tight bass and the "not too bright upper range" appealed to me very much. I would highly recommend it to any rock/ metal fans out there without any hesistation. Any rock/ metal fans should probably do themselves a favour by going down to a local shop to listen to any grado headphones at least once.

Sony MDR-XD200

it really promises the 10hz-24khz it says on the box..

the sound is clear, very comfortable and very affordable.. $39.99 CND

=]

SOcRatEs said:
Dunno if this is what you mean:
AudioFX Force Feedback Gaming Headset I have a set that are awsome,
or are you more of an audiophile?
Then the bose are much better ear candy
but cook your fingers :hotouch: reach'in for the wallet. :haha:

Those will definitely do. Because my PC is the multimedia center in the house, I do all my music listening, game playing and movie watching there. So as not to disturb anyone I went and bought the best headphones for the money I wanted to spend. I mean, if the PC is going to be a center of all your multimedia needs then a good set of phones are a logical purchase. For me its also an excuse to crank it up!

young&wild said:
I got my first real headphones, a pair of Alessandro Grado Music Series One. It's a tweaked version of one of the headphones from the Grado lineup at a local headphone store. This probably my best AUD$150 spent.

I really like the signature sound. The forwardness in the midrange, tight bass and the "not too bright upper range" appealed to me very much. I would highly recommend it to any rock/ metal fans out there without any hesistation. Any rock/ metal fans should probably do themselves a favour by going down to a local shop to listen to any grado headphones at least once.

Because I am a big rock music fan, those are going to be the next headamps to check out!

Using Sennheiser HD-595 myself. Got them last Christmas for about $200 (2 day or overnight delivery included in that price). Amazon.com still has them at $250!

TS | Thomas said:
Using Sennheiser HD-595 myself. Got them last Christmas for about $200 (2 day or overnight delivery included in that price). Amazon.com still has them at $250!

Here in Germany, Sennheiser has been rated as a top producer of professional headphones. They even produce lower end models for those who want to enjoy the quality of Sennheiser but can't afford the higher end gear.

ah, I haven't ever used headphones, I am more of a speaker surround system. I am using a Audigy 2 ZS with a Gigaworks S750 speaker system, and I love it. Oh I love it. That way I can be anywhere in my room and listen to music without being tangled with cords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back