What is a good free mmorpg for DirectX 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will probably not find a DX10 MMORPG for some time now, the sub-reason MMORPGs are so successful is because they can run on a variety of system hardware. It'll probably take a year or two before you start seeing popular RPGs like "World of Warcraft" adapting to DX10 compatibility.

I have read somewhere that "Age of Conan" will possibly have DX10, but It wasn't a official statement so it's probably false.

Edit:

Actually, it's confirmed it'll run in DX10.

Click

IC

Thank you for the quick reply :)
The laptop I am getting has DirectX10, I already listed the video card on top of this topic :)
Its an awseme video card. Right now the laptop is in a service because, there was problem with speakers if you wanted them to work you have to zero them down, and dim the screen, then bring them backup:rolleyes:

That sounds great, LukaszT. :)

I'll probably pick up a copy of VISTA soon and test it out in DX10, I've never seen what a true DX10 looks like for myself.

My brother never had trouble with vista

My brother never had trouble with vista, just don't install Service Pack 1 SP1, if it installs Uninstall it.
It is cause SP1 isn't compatible with all the programs yet
Uninstall Service Pack 1
I provided a link on how to remove SP1
I am getting his laptop soon

LukaszT said:
My brother never had trouble with vista, just don't install Service Pack 1 SP1, if it installs Uninstall it.
It is cause SP1 isn't compatible with all the programs yet
Uninstall Service Pack 1
I provided a link on how to remove SP1
I am getting his laptop soon

Thank you LukaszT, Is the SP2 out for VISTA yet?

I run Vista specifically for DX10 and gaming and it runs great.

Also, on all the gaming rigs here I have not had a single problem with SP1 and highly recommend it. Also, only SP1 features new memory features as well as DX10.1 if you have an ATI based videocard.

That being said, it sounds like the original poster isn't necessarily interested in a DX10 game, but a game the the DX10 laptop can play. This includes any DX9 or earlier MMORPG's as these all play great on Vista with DX10.

If you're looking for one that does not have a monthly charge, you might consider Guild Wars. It is not free to buy, but it is very cheap and is then free to play with no monthly fees. It plays great under Vista and DX10.

Only a newer ATI card, just to clarify.

Yes, Guild Wars is supposed to be good, along with several other online mmo's, Rose online included.

I am back now hm

Thank you for all your replies :)
I was away for the weekend so no internet
The laptop cameback from asus service and the sound is working again and , they said I got 1 more year and 3 months of service , there were 2 years , this year is finished so 1 left of warranty I am still using My old laptop and the new one I am getting on June 17th

This is the new laptop I will have soon in this motnth
Its a gaming lapop
Sorry If I misspelled it
Nvidia Geforce 8600 256MB
Intel 2 Core Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back