What is this connector called

In
Thank you.
I went to an Office Depot today & after showing the guy the picture above, he told me I'd need an adapter to connect a monitor to my tower although I didn't need to as it is. The connector on the monitor they had there was more like the older type, like this image.jpeg
What it would plug into. Sorry, I worded this wrong.

A friend is taking me to Costco today to get a monitor & the adapter cord. Then I'll regain my sanity, I hope

If you are getting a new monitor today. You most likely will not need a adapter. . Most new monitors come with DVI cords. From what you have post in 1 Your pic of the dvi connecter on the back of the PC. You should be all set.

It'll depend on what Costco has, if it's same as shown above, fine, otherwise adapter been without tower too long.

What do you mean adapter has been with out the tower to long? Most all monitors these days come with DVI cords. It should not really make a difference if you had it hook up with a vga cord before. If your Video chip is good in the computer. It will accept the DIV cord.

If you are buying a monitor, get one that matches the connection on your graphics card. In other words buy a monitor with DVI. That way you don't need to mess with an adapter or special cable. Most of the monitors I've bought the last ten years, support both VGA and DVI.

If you are buying a monitor, get one that matches the connection on your graphics card. In other words buy a monitor with DVI. That way you don't need to mess with an adapter or special cable. Most of the monitors I've bought the last ten years, support both VGA and DVI.
Seeing a lot of new monitors this year dropping DVI and going HDMI. Smart move imo since almost all systems sold over the last 2 years have a HDMI port.

Need more help. It came with a CD (drivers,menu,etc,etc) but when I insert it in the drive, nothing happens. What do I need to do in Auto Play for it to open?

If this is win 10. Go to the start menu. Click on it. Then go to settings click on it. Once in settings click on Devices. Once this opens scroll down to Auto Play and click on it. Once it opens make sure under ( Use Auto Play for all media and devices) is turn on. This should allow your cd to work then.

Oddly enough, it don't show anything for W10 on it,(the menu) the closest was W8. But it did say I already have the correct driver. When I first launched Firefox & Google Chrome, I had to expand both to fill the "smaller" screen. As I type, the print is (or seems to be) smaller.Otherwise no complaints. :)

Well that's good to know. Beings that is a VGA monitor. Win 10 would already have a driver for it.

Back