What makes you mad?

AMDIsTheBest010

hey everybody:

I just thought that it would be nice to let off some steam from our techspot days and just get out what makes you mad. Now please do not turn this into a heated argument or the thread will be closed by on of our moderators.

Now what makes me mad is some of the newcomers, they post a thread stating something like this "Urgent Problem Please Help!!!!" and then we all take time out of our busy days, and dilligently scramble around our minds or the internet to find an solution. Then the person never responds not thanks any of us for our help. Now i understand that all people are busy and may not have time to write a paragraph like us others do. but how long does it take to type the word "Thank You?" Thats what makes me mad.

...AMD

I agree, a little thanks here and there makes it all worth while.

I must say the thing that makes me mad are spammers. It makes my blood boil when I log on and find the forums contain spam. I hate spam almost as much as I hate malware.

Regards Howard :)

I hate when i go to school the first day and my teacher assigns me a 5 page essay on "what does jesus mean to me?" thats due the next day (tommorow)

I hate when your forced to give a list of reasons for your opinions, when its actually on a subject you couldnt care less about, and you made the opinion because you had to.

School assignments.

The things that make me mad a stupid school assignments.

"Now, be creative and color your map of the US." - like, wtf? How many times has this been done before me so that I have have to do it? And how is it "creative"? I'd much rather do something of interest to me, such as read my programming book or do some math or something.

Also, I hate teachers who teach something that they themselves don't follow.

"You use 'well' when you say how you feel, not 'good'". Ms.Teacher, how do you feel after your operation? "I feel good Tommy... it wasn't too bad."

As well as computer teachers. All of them. Why? Because they are supposed to know computer stuff... My pc teacher made us make powerpoints on some Pentium IVs and then we got to show them to the class on some crappy laptop that couldn't animate the simplest of animations.

Email adresses. It's a simple thing, and really doesn't affect me in any way, but it infuriates me. lol

I don't understand why people post their email addresses in a forum. I mean, the entire point of a forum is thatpeople reply to your thread, not your email. If people want responses by email, then they have a perfectly good email option in their profile, and if people want to know instantly when somebody has replied while they are not on the site, there's a perfectly good opyion to be notified by email when someone replies to the thread (the subscribe to thread options).

Apart from that, it opens the user to more spam (as if we don't all get enough of it already), and encourages spammers and spamming by making it so easy to obtain email adresses - just send a bot out to scour internet forums for email adresses to harvest. The posting of email adresses on public sites hurts everyone in the end really.

It's my current bugbear anyway. I may change to a different one when I encounter it. lol

I hate it when i help people out and get absolutely nothing for it which seems to happen to me all too often. 2 examples, a friend had his 5.1 amp die on him, i spent 2 days at his place fixing it, in all that time i got 2 slices of cold pizza and 1 cup of tea then got home at gone 1am after spending the entire day starving. Example 2, i built a pc for someone else, she was supposed to order a new pc case for me as payment, 6 weeks later and still no case.

i hate this :))

hmm,
What makes me maad, what makes me mad, ,, aah, yes,
What make me mad :D is one of your project team members in your graduation year doesn't do anything in the project, nearly nothig, and that same guy is hard to deal with and not flexible either :mad: .

Aggressive, bad drivers.

I don't mind if these miscreants get themselves into fatal accidents with their speeding, tailgating, passing on double lines, weaving in and out of traffic, etc. It's just that usually other people get hurt in the process. I shouldn't have to get hurt/killed bec. some a**hole is in some freakin big hurry to get home to watch tv or play games.

Another thing that makes me mad is that here in the United States whenever an emergency vehicle comes down the road, it isnt law, but its just common curteosy to pull over and stop on the side of the road and let the EMT vehicle have enough room on the road. But i pull over every time, and i dont understand the people who just keep driving right down the road like nothing has happened.

...AMD

totally agree about the aggressive drivers... but I get just as aggravated at the other extreme...

I'm talking about the drivers that seem to have all the time in the world (non-aggressive of course) and drive 45MPH in the fast lane on a 65MPH speed limit interstate :mad:

you learn in driving school that the right lanes are for slower traffic and the left lanes are for faster traffic, with the far left lane reserved for passing (referring to highways in the US). if people would just drive in the correct lane for the speed that they want to go, there would be far less accidents every day.

ok, i vented :D

cheers :wave:

I hate it when people refuse to take responsibility for their own actions (stupidity). In today's litigious U.S. society it annoys me to see disclaimers/warnings on every product, advertisement, film or you name it. For example, the infamous, "Don't try this at home," warning. As if lack of that warning has any real meaning other than opening up yourself to lawsuits blaming you for someone else's stupidity. As if the truly stupid will heed such a warning and as if we should be really concerned that the truly stupid are trying to eliminate themselves from the gene pool.

Well in Comptuers the tihng that just makes me soooo mad is techs upport it just kills me inside esp. dells it just has to be the worest on this Earth. First to top it all off there i n India sure it gives them money but use Amercians and other people that speak clear english since its there native language cant understand them what so ever! And then they ask you the most stupidest questions and tell you to do the most stupidest things when they "troubleshoot" products

Another thing that makes me very mad, is when i was in high school, The teachers teach about stuff they dont have a clue about. For example, in computer class the teacher was trying to explain how to publish a website with MS FrontPage and the word he said the most was "uhh, well, uh" and most ppl just figured everything out on thier own instead of listening to him.

...AMD

AMDIsTheBest010 said:
Another thing that makes me mad is that here in the United States whenever an emergency vehicle comes down the road, it isnt law, but its just common curteosy to pull over and stop on the side of the road and let the EMT vehicle have enough room on the road. But i pull over every time, and i dont understand the people who just keep driving right down the road like nothing has happened.

...AMD
It is the law here.

Now on the subject of drivers - I hate it when you are driving on interstate (this only applies when 2 lane each way) and someone passes you on the right. I have a name for it but its not appropriate for the forums. Also it also irritates me almost as bad when there is someone in the left lane that refuses to get into the right lane so you can pass them like you are supposed to (on the left).

as far as I know pulling over for emergency vehicles is the law everywhere in the US (and probably most other countries as well).

:wave:

KingCody said:
as far as I know pulling over for emergency vehicles is the law everywhere in the US (and probably most other countries as well).

:wave:
Yeh, its kinda law here (and even in the driver exams as well) but sad to say its just a one paragraph mentioning in the "guidebook" which everyone just flicks through (yes, its that dumb and simple...) and most people arn't even aware off..

Thing that ticks me off is tech/customer support that dont have a clue what they're saying, let alone if they even know what the actual thing (product, problem, feature) is...

Quote from an apple tech support a friend was calling when he went to get his apple mac G5 fixed (from a broken hdd)
Friend: Well cant you just send me the HDD, and I'll put it in myself?
tech: No, because it can spoil your Mac (or something among those lines)[\QUOTE] scary. :D

KingCody said:
totally agree about the aggressive drivers... but I get just as aggravated at the other extreme...

I'm talking about the drivers that seem to have all the time in the world (non-aggressive of course) and drive 45MPH in the fast lane on a 65MPH speed limit interstate :mad:

you learn in driving school that the right lanes are for slower traffic and the left lanes are for faster traffic, with the far left lane reserved for passing (referring to highways in the US). if people would just drive in the correct lane for the speed that they want to go, there would be far less accidents every day.

ok, i vented :D

cheers :wave:
I hate that too

slow car in the carpool and other lanes are empty ..

also hate when someones cuts me off and goes slower ..

hate when my computer pauses for no reason..

when people wait for the amount to START writing a check .. (could have filled all the other info and cut the check)

... hate welfare system... lazy **** people

hate when they call me for work on my day off

makes me mad when you're talking to a girl and her friend(motherhen) pulls her away ...

Hate that they close bars a 2 am..

hate waiting at the DMV those people are lazy workers with bad attitudes(Ca)

When people fling the door open and hit other cars..

makes me mad when I have nothing else to do and post dumb stuff I hate on the int0w3b.

What I hate.

Our ridiculous house prices, I was reading a paper that a mate I know brought back from maidenhead kent and a house for 235k was advertised and it said ideal for the first time buyer? WTF !!!!

Also that the average UK wage is 25k per year, hey Im an average person so wheres my 25k? WTF !!!

Oh and I hate our spineless leaders and that fact that they couldnt run a bath let alone the country. :mad:

Thats just the tip of the iceberg. :D

i get annoyed when people abuse the quote feature on the forums (on all forums, not just techspot). example(s):

1. they quote an entire post when they are only responding to a specific part.

2. they quote the previous post every time they post a reply.

gggrrrrr :mad:

hehe :wave:

Well, IBN is you hate the thread so much, then why did you have to say anything about it at all. Thats another thing that gets under my skin, everyones having a good time discussing diff. issues then someone like IBN has to come in and ruin it for everyone. thanks alot

...AMD

Back