What motherboard will be perfect for Core i5 processor?

You should probably start by stating what you plan on doing with your computer, and what kind of other components you are planning on using, especially cards that you'll be putting in there. Plus if you're planning on using it as HTPC, there is a whole other set of considerations.

Or you can log onto Newegg and pick the one with the most stars.

I wanna buy a new p.c.but i don't know what motherboard is perfect for it.pls someone give me some advice.
This is too vague to be able to respond to effectively. Boards for that CPU can be different sizes, and with or without integrated video. In short, way too little info is present.
You should probably start by stating what you plan on doing with your computer, and what kind of other components you are planning on using, especially cards that you'll be putting in there. Plus if you're planning on using it as HTPC, there is a whole other set of considerations.
As gwailo alludes to, the one that does what you need it to do. Unfortunately, the motherboard arena is far from, "one size fits all", in it's nature.

As to quality of build, you can't go wrong with either Gigabyte or Asus, with Gigabyte being my personal preference.

Or you can log onto Newegg and pick the one with the most stars.
I don't know quite what to make of this statement. My sentiments are either to debate it with a vengeance, or perhaps add some caveats.

For the sake of glasnost, let's go with the latter. The private reviewers on any site are suspect, and Newegg's is no exception.

You have to, "get inside of the reviewer's head", as it were, and move forward from there. Judging actual technical ability, competence, and even personal motivation on the part of the individual, for writing the review in the first place, is a paramount consideration. I like to, "review the reviewer" first, to determine if his or her opinion is of any value in the first place. I will say, that with most of my purchases, the positive reviews have aligned with my experience, more often the the negative ones.

I don't know quite what to make of this statement. My sentiments are either to debate it with a vengeance, or perhaps add some caveats.

A simplistic question gets a simplistic answer. If you want "the best" motherboard with no particular purpose in mind, might as well go with the rest of the herd.

I should rephrase my comment not to just look for most stars, but most positive reviews. In this particular situation, looking at 1156 boards, this is what you'd get:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=40000280&IsNodeId=1&Description=lga1156&bop=And&Order=REVIEWS&PageSize=20

He could probably buy any of these boards and get good performance.

Point I was trying to make is that you either really want to do some research, or you just want someone to pick something for you. So if you want to rely on some random strangers on a tech board, you can just as easily rely on mass consensus.

The ASUS P7P55D Is Brilliant I Have That

If Thats not Good enough get a ASUS P7P55D EVO

and if thats still not good enough buy a ASUS P7P55D DELUXE

Point I was trying to make is that you either really want to do some research, or you just want someone to pick something for you. So if you want to rely on some random strangers on a tech board, you can just as easily rely on mass consensus.
Oh, please, please Mr.Gwailo , think for me.....:rolleyes: Help me buy the best LGA1156 motherboard ever..... and another :rolleyes: just so's you're aware that was a joke.

Gwailo247, and CaptainCranky; please keep on topic, if you wish to continue chatting take it to PM.

I wanna buy a new p.c.but i don't know what motherboard is perfect for it.pls someone give me some advice.

I would recommend anything by Gigabyte, or Asus. I prefer Gigabyte personally.

yeah, never had another brand for my motherboard having trouble with my I5 atm tho i got the P7P55D standard version.

Gwailo247, and CaptainCranky; please keep on topic, if you wish to continue chatting take it to PM.

I would recommend anything by Gigabyte, or Asus. I prefer Gigabyte personally.
Well, first, you sacked some of our funniest posts ever. And second, this thread barely has a topic. The "best motherboard ever", or directly quoted, "the prefect motherboard for the computer I'm going to buy", is sort of a "Holy Grail type of quest", by way of every windmill in Holland..

Buy a Gigabyte board then, they're the best ever! They work prefect for everything. (IMHO) Just make sure it's socket LGA1156, or you'll have to break out the crazy glue to hold the old i5 in it.

I feel censored. If I wanted censorship I wouldn't have left my tiny village on the Volga.
"Crime think", (George Orwell, 1984).

Go ASUS! Anyone listening, buy the PT6 deluxe, regardless of your CPU!
Are you pronouncing "Asus" correctly? "Ey, (as in "nice day, ey", and "Sus", as in trying to say sauce when you're soused).

Do those boards keep as well without refrigeration as the Gigabyte offerings?

I pronounce it like in the word Caucasus. I think you're using the Canadian pronunciation.

I vacuum seal the boards so they retain their value better.

Back