What would you do once you hit it big?

erwin1978

Wishful thinking is definitely my gift.

I have big hopes and big dreams. I imagine starting my own video game company and producing blockbuster games for world-wide distribution. Becoming a multi-millionaire is my ultimate goal; whether I get it through lottery or pure skills.

When I make it big, my parents will get half of my fortunes as they deserve it more than I do. The rest of my family will get some as well. My low-budget college will get a big chunk of my success just by association. It was only a year ago that our Computer Science Department were finally able to get new computers for our labs. It was pathetic when I first came in and all the computers were Pentium 100 mhz with freakingly slow harddrives that took forever to load a single program.

It's no secret that people who never went to Ivy league schools aren't expected to find cures for diseases or win a Nobel Piece Prize or be the next Bill Gates. When a break-through news comes up it's always someone from Yale, or Harvard, or Princeton. Just to go against the grain, I want to prove everyone wrong; you don't have to go to a high-profile school in order to be successful and get world recognition.

Did you walk out as our CEO ?? I thought we were gonig to make CPU's ?? What happened to you man ??

Small steps is the key, considering I still get allowances from my parents. The Erwinian XL will come along as soon as I get the money and the video game industry is where I'll reap all the financing we'll need.

I'd buy a dream computer, (I'm talkin' like, quadruple 2.4 GHz Pentium 4's, and SRAM!) and every game ever made for the PC. Then an automated library for them all. Then a waterfront property house. Oh, the list goes on.
Starting my own video game company would be so cool. I would also make other stuff, like cars, and video cards.
But, everyone has their fantasies.

I would try and focus on the vast inequity that exists between the western nations that have so much, and the 'third world' nations that have a significant number of their populations living in abject poverty and despair.

I would buy an Indy car race team and hire Roberto Guererro to drive all the races. We would win the Indy 500 and many others. I would have killer computers and all of them AMD, Intel would not get a penny from me.

Originally posted by boeingfixer
I would buy an Indy car race team and hire Roberto Guererro to drive all the races. We would win the Indy 500 and many others. I would have killer computers and all of them AMD, Intel would not get a penny from me.

Sounds a little biased here :) But that's okay. I agree with you, just not that hard core.
To tell you the truth, I really haven't put much thougth into what I would do if I struck it big. Cause it probably won't happen, so why kill myself fantasizing, when it just makes you mad cause you can't get all that stuff.

Originally posted by poertner_1274

Sounds a little biased here :) But that's okay. I agree with you, just not that hard core.
To tell you the truth, I really haven't put much thougth into what I would do if I struck it big. Cause it probably won't happen, so why kill myself fantasizing, when it just makes you mad cause you can't get all that stuff.

Yeah well, I probably won't hit it big either. But it is nice to dream. And who knows, I may own Intel one day, or is that own an Intel ?? It is nice to dream though !!

If i was rich, i would get a nice house, with all the mod cons (Plasma screen, surround, DVD, ect..) and link them all together (i.e. Control TV with the computer, play MP3s throught the sound system, etc..) That would be sweet :)

2 years or so ago my idea of "hitting it big" was posting something & seeing it linked to on voodooextreme (This was before joining here, heh).

Back