What's a good HDTV for a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodman

I want to connect my PC to an HD but I understand that not all of them are meant for that. I'm aiming for a 30-inch and I'm planning on using 2 4870 x2 running in crossfire sooner or later. Any suggestions? Also, is it true that a couple of 8800GTS cards running in sli can keep up with the 4870 x2's?

hmm lets see two lower end cards working together against the best card available with two gpus for one pci e slot instead of having to use two slots...

I use a DVI to HDMI adapter:

dvi-to-hdmi.jpg

I connect my HD2900PRO video card to my 37" HDTV via HDMI cable and the video quality is fine, like watching Blu-rays on a PS3. I wouldn't use the TV for general computing as text is difficult to read. It isn't amazing for gaming either (response time is sluggish)

Maybe a better setup (or configuration) will be more acceptable for games and computing... I think there likely is better solutions out there, but I'm not sure.

hmm lets see two lower end cards working together against the best card available with two gpus for one pci e slot instead of having to use two slots...

lol, very true.

^Yea I read that somewhere else too but I remember reading a holiday buying guide, not sure where, but it mentioned a specific model I believe by Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back