What's the best all-around CD Burning Software for Windows? (preferably free)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmyofKirb

I've tried a few different burning programs recently, and I've been disappointed with most of them. Poor user interfaces, countless bugs, and generally poor performance. What do you think offers the best features and price?
In my opinion, it's ludicrous to charge $49.99 or more for a program that simply burns audio/data discs.
I like Alcohol 120%, but as far as I can tell you can only burn disc images with it.

Thanks for your input,

Kirby

use CD Burner XP, its free and very good. just search google for it...

::Edit::
The link was posted while i tried to think...

A few years ago, Sony made a mistake with their file-protection, and put a free version of Sony CD-Extreme up for grabs on their website.
I got hold of it, and have been using it on my Plextor CDRW ever since. It's only for CD-burning, it's simple, it's fast and error-free and it does the job, never a coaster.
They claim it's for Sony only, but that's BS.

(I also have Nero 6.6.0.8 but that is way overloaded with bells and whistles.)

I downloaded CD Burner XP Pro 3 and I am happier with it than I have been with any burning program for a long time. It has a simple and clean user interface, and it has done the job for me so far. It burns at the max for the drive (24x) but I suppose that might be due to the different blank media I have been using lately.

P.S. The burning wizard native to XP absolutely blows! I have yet to get anything to work right, even with the smallest file/burn session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back