What's wrong with my GPU?

salrc

So a few weeks ago,I wasn't able to boot my PC.it always get stuck at BIOS splash screen or immediately after it on a blank screen with a blinking underscore.
After sometime of thinking and trying different solutions I plugged the monitor on mb port and it booted up,I also put in an older card and it booted up then too.
So I sent the card for RMA but they sent the card back saying your card has passed all out tests and is ok.
I haven't tried the card on any other PC yet.
I can't seem to find the problem here and I'm starting to get worried.
Any help would really be appreciated

Just to get a better idea of what is going on with your computer.
Bring me your current gpu model name and number.
Also brief me on your system specs, cpu, mobo name and model number, ram, psu name and model number.
Does your system give you any beep codes by chance ?

Just to get a better idea of what is going on with your computer.
Bring me your current gpu model name and number.
Also brief me on your system specs, cpu, mobo name and model number, ram, psu name and model number.
Does your system give you any beep codes by chance ?
My GPU is gigabyte 750ti
Other specs are
CPU - phenom II x4 955BE
Mono - Asus M4A78-em/1394
RAM - 8 GB DDR2
PSU-Corsair VS 450
I don't hear any beeps.
As I was researching a bit ,I found people with similar problem but they only faced this while installing new GPUs and by updating their BIOS it was solved.
But the problem is I've been using my GPU on the system for about 2 years no problem and my BIOS is already updated

I'm not too sure but the problem could be the asus motherboard you have ?
If you can borrow a video card from somewhere else or ask a computer shop to let you hold one for a day.
Try a different video card and see what happens, if you can boot into windows.
Check event viewer to see if the system is saying anything about the crash you have been having.
Look for any red x during the time period and look at the crash details a screenshot of that would be good to see what its saying.
Click on start, run-cortana, type in event viewer.exe and hit enter, click windows log then system logs.

Do you have windows 10? I have heard of it installing the wrong video drivers when it updates causing a black screen. If you can get into the device manager you can try rolling back the driver for the 750ti. Also your PSU may be starting to have problems powering the 750TI.

I'm not too sure but the problem could be the asus motherboard you have ?
If you can borrow a video card from somewhere else or ask a computer shop to let you hold one for a day.
Try a different video card and see what happens, if you can boot into windows.
Check event viewer to see if the system is saying anything about the crash you have been having.
Look for any red x during the time period and look at the crash details a screenshot of that would be good to see what its saying.
Click on start, run-cortana, type in event viewer.exe and hit enter, click windows log then system logs.
I can boot into windows using a older video card and there arent any crash details because system hangs before loading windows, if I pull the hard disks it doesn't even get to the screen where it says no media found

Do you have windows 10? I have heard of it installing the wrong video drivers when it updates causing a black screen. If you can get into the device manager you can try rolling back the driver for the 750ti. Also your PSU may be starting to have problems powering the 750TI.
As I said it hangs before loading windows and no PSU isn't a problem because I tried another PSU and still the same

Ok then what type of brand memory do you have by chance ?
Try switching to the mobo's onboard video and see if it will boot into windows 7.
If so do what lynx said and also check event viewer, if we could get some info from it.
We could find out more quickly what is making your system crash.

Blinking cursor frequently means the OS Kernel could not be found - - check your HD

Back