Which LAPTOP ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the market for a new laptop and i was wondering who makes the best....Dell, Sony, Ibm..?? I need one for gereral purposes with a good wireless card. Ant ideas suggestions ??

Thanks

Do you have a budget?

If you can afford it, buy a business-class machine. Thinkpad X and T series, the 3-year warranty Z series. HP nc series. The business-consumer diference is not so clear with other manufacturers. Dell Latitude, Toshiba Satellite, some Fujitsu-Siemens are things to look at maybe.

Whatever you do, do not buy a Dell Inspiron, HP Presario or any other "consumer" products. You pay premium for the brand, but you get the same generic chinese crap you could get at half price from Acer or any computer store brand.

My personal (biased) opinion: get a Thinkpad T60 and watch that thing outlive your grandchildren :)

Compaq from experience are also handy, and i can also say the toshiba's are reliable too, had the compaq for 4 years, still going great like new and the toshiba for 2 years and going great, the inbuild wireless networking in the toshiba is great, i can pick up 3 or 4 networks from my house and use their internet, not that i need it.

I have a souped-up IBM T23, practically indestructible.
The T60 would be my next choice too if I ever need another laptop.
Down with Dell!

How much do you want to spend?
What do you really need?

HP/Compaq are top sellers
IBM doesn't make laptops any longer a chineese company does.
DELL laptops are built in china, and I can tell you there's some are DOA and some are not. When a DELL laptops goes bad, it's not cheap to fix, but they do send you re-built parts that were bad in the first place.

I got HP/Compaq and have not problems with it... Even the AMD versions are great...

If you want a DELL don't get D600, D610, but go for (D420, (D620 or D820 they have Dual Core CPU inside and Widescreen). These are brand new don't know or haven't seen any come back yet.

If budjet is not an issue . Go with Business premium level brand name with ALL the warranty offered.
IBM > Dell "Precision" Still great warranty response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back