Which monitor cleaning solution is recomended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpower

I recently bought a 22" SGI C220-A CRT monitor, which is made by Mitsubishi and is the SGI version of Diamond Pro 2070SB, and the time has come to clean the monitor screen. I refered to the manual (though no manual was available for the SGI version, had to use the Mitsubishi manual) to get some cleaning tips and was able to find some info, though they don't say exactly which cleaning solution to use, only that it has to be a non-alcohol, neutral and nonabrasive and it has to be used with a clean lint-free non-abrasive cotton cloth. The manual also cautions against using the following: benzene, thinner, acid/alkaline detergent, alcohol detergent,detergent with abrasive powder, detergent with antistatic agent, detergent for cleaning. They also say that water is ok, but i don't know about that, i never used water with a CRT monitor, so i'm not sure about that. The screen has very delicate coating so i want to be as careful as possible, is anyone familiar with a good cleaning agent that would fit these requirements?

Hmmm

For a very delicate clean id suggest 1 tiny drop of house hold dish soap to about 16 oz of warm water. It is really mild cleaning solution that is very effective on removing light grease and grim yet almost totally harmless.

A tip is to fill the spray bottle full of water first, then ad the dish soap. (Otherwise you get a ton of foam) then swirl the bottle around until you see a few bubbles start to foarm at the top then your ready to go.

The cloth should be as soft as possible. NO PAPER TOWL !!!

Other than that it should be fine....

Also a diluted amount of windex should do the trick also....Id say 1 part windex to 10 parts water.....

But the Dish Soap will be the most gentlest.

Thanks for the reply! I talked to a friend today and he also recomended windex, but i will try the soap like you suggested and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back