Which Monitor Is Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn2k5

I was looking around trying to pick which monitor to buy for my new computer that I'm going to build. Problem is I don't know much about monitors... Well after looking around a while... I decided on two that I was interested in but can't really figure out which one is better... their both from the same company... and only a small price range apart...

Which one is better...? Looking at the specifications from New Egg...

KDS K-22MDWB - has a higher vertical refresh Rate ( 56 Hz - 76 Hz ) vs ( 56 Hz - 60 Hz ) I guessing this has something to do with V-Sync? Where if you enable it your videocard will only display/make as many frames as your monitors refresh rate? If so wouldn't KDS K-22MDWB be better in this area?

KDS K-22MDWB2 - has a higher contrast ratio... (1000:1 vs 700:1) I think this is the differnce between the darkest and brightest a monitor can display... so Im guessing supposedly more vibrant colors? Correct me if I'm wrong on anything though...

So which one is better? Why? And if you got another monitor you want to reccomend feel free... but would be good if it fit these guidelines...
- Wide Screen
- At least 20 inches
- Around 250 dollars most
- At least 1680x1050 recommended resolution

The higher contrast ratio is the one to go for... Vertical refresh rate is more important in CRT monitors, than with LCD monitors

Agreed Tmagic650.

Another thing to consider is the delay it takes for the monitor to display the image on the screen. The quicker the better, especially for gaming.

Have a look for something in the 2ms to 8ms range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back