Which one of these is best for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smellyfo27

this: iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 505 Desktop PC - AMD AthlonIIx2 240 Processor, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, 22x DVDRW, NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 / Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade

or...

this:Visionman WGMI-1NG701 Gaming PC - Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180, 2GB DDR2, 250GB, DVDRW Lightscribe, NVIDIA 9500GT, NO OS, 585 Watts

i found these both at TigerDirect if you wanna look there to see the specs. i cant post the links yet

i only have about a $500 limit

Hi smelly,
what type of games and at what resolution are you wanting to or expecting to game at?
BTW welcome to Techspot :)

that's what i was getting at eventually Rit, don't know if he/she is willing to DIY. :)

@techno:" the 4830 is being phased out in favor of the 4770

that's what i was getting at eventually Rit, don't know if he/she is willing to DIY.
I certainly hope that the OP sticks to DIY.

What do you think of the build red? Any improvements at this price point?

I did a build with a similar budget for a friend recently, and was able to cram in a 4830. For about the same price you could even put in a 4850, if that PSU could handle it. I used a different motherboard/cpu combo though:

GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2

AMD Athlon X2 7850 Black Edition Kuma 2.8GHz

That leaves leaves you with enough for a 4770 or 4850, either of which can be had for about 100$

And does anyone know what happened to the 4830? Neither Newegg or Tigerdirect supply it anymore.

Edit:

I found a 1 gb version of the 4830 for only 78$. For that price you could stay with the original motherboard/cpu combo that Ritwik7 suggested.

http://www.eworldsale.com/msi-radeo...e-20-x16-hdcp-ready-crossfire_5880_29719.html

I certainly hope that the OP sticks to DIY.

What do you think of the build red? Any improvements at this price point?

Me too Rit,
I think that's a great build for that price :) maybe an extra $20 for a 4830/4850 like Techno said as an option.

It can be made much cheaper IMO; drop down to an Athlon II X2 245\250, an mATX 740G-based motherboard and grab an HD 4770 with the money saved. You'll still have money left over, and system performance should still be great.

now im mostlikly gonna DIY lol i mostly play flyff right now (i know lame) but my current computer cant handle ne thing else i like. so yeah now im plannen on buildin one. But the only problem is i was planning on using BillMeLater so thats why i was in the $500 range. im not sure if that pay option is avalible for the parts you guys are listing

Edit:
i currently have a sparkle GeForce 9400GT PCI i went to micro center and the dude told me thats like the best card i can buy for PCI. i dont have PCI. i was wondering how well that will run a game like flyff then maybe higher end games later

It can be made much cheaper IMO; drop down to an Athlon II X2 245\250, an mATX 740G-based motherboard and grab an HD 4770 with the money saved. You'll still have money left over, and system performance should still be great.

He'll save about $35 - $45. That would be enough to get the HD 4770 I agree. But the PSU needs to be 450W according to the specs on newegg. The Corsair 450VX would be required. Good options Rage.

Not necessary; the 400CX provides enough power for an HD 4770. Also, the Regor pulls less power than the Callisto CPU.

The PSU specs are overrated, just in case some ***** tries to run it on a 400W Dynapower and ends up suing the company for damages caused by his own...err...idiocy. ;)

I say you could get a little bit more if you build it yourself but if you don't to I would pick.
iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 505 Desktop PC
- AMD AthlonIIx2 240 Processor, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, 22x DVDRW, NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 / Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade

- AMD AthlonIIx2 240 Processor, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, 22x DVDRW, NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 / Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade
If your not going to build it, I would actually choose the other one, but since you are, its mostly irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back