Which OS is better choice for acer aspire one with only 8G flash memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casper11

hi to all,
lately i brought a acer aspire one with 8 G SSD only. i've been thinking of changing the original OS. so may i know which is more suitable for me in this case?

i like the effect on the ubuntu 9.04 and the kubuntu 9.04. but which is better for me?

I don't like the netbook remix version that they provided as it is to little of space on the GUI.

I don't like puppy linux as it only boot on stick.
I don't like DSL(damn small linux) as it is damn simple.

when there is too many free choices it is very difficult to choose......sighs..

hope u could help me to get the best for my small laptop..

Ubuntu and kubuntu are pretty much identical except the first one uses Gnome and the second KDE. I'd say go ahead and install the full versions of them, it shouldn't fill up your drive. Then I would use a massive SD card for a 'second harddrive' and put any multimedia/documents/ect onto that.

Never used it. If you are pretty new to the linux scene Ubuntu is probably the easiest to get help with just cause of the massive user base.

may I know what u think about the debian?
While I believe that you're correct that "Debian" is available as it's own discrete distro, keep in mind that Ubuntu is debian based Linux anyway. In fact, many distros are.

Strangely, everybody that posts this query seems to not like Win XP. I find that rather odd.

Also oddly, it annoys the heck out of me that nowadays, nobody seem to have the courtesy to spell out the word >> "you" <<, that just impresses me as rude and lazy, or perhaps tragically hip, as it were.

I guess if everything is supposed to look like a text message, maybe we should move this forum to mobile phones. Or not.

Puppy Linux does not only boot on stick. It can be installed on the hard drive [Frugal or Full] though I encountered a puplets that has defective grub bootloader. Try Puppy 4.3 or if you want more apps TeenPup 2.14.

Ubuntu Gutsy and Hardy recommends at least 8Gig so not much room is left for a full install.

PCLinuxOS 2007 works fine with my 4Gig HD.

Top Tip: go to distrowatch.com and decide for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back