Which PC soundcard for HTPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Denon 3803 AVR connected to a Yahama 6.1 speaker system. My HTPC that I am bulding will be used for all types of media, "movies, on-line games, Xbox, Ps2, internet, music, television, guitar..etc..etc". I need to know what the best PC sound card is to connect to my reciever. I am not worried about how much I spend. Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

SB is more trouble than you might want.After loading drivers and getting no SB card installed I went out and bought a Turtle Beach and really like the sound.IMHO just for the fact that it installs the way it should and is cheaper and sounds just as good.I have had 4 SB cards and wont be buying anymore

Seems that novicegamer only had some very bad luck, but going for a SB is a good chose. Never had any problems with it(have had about a dozen of them).

The Creative Audigy ZS is a perfect choise, exelent sound quality!!

Greets Crazy,

Thanks guys, previously I was looking at the A2 plat. pro ex. I guess the ZS is is now the flagship. I have not done any research on the ZS but I am going to after this post. Novicegamer, I wish you better luck in the future, and I hope that I do not have your past luck with SB products.

v/r
Wade

only buy the platinum pro if you are sure you need the external input box and the recording software, etc. since it is an htpc the plain jane audigy 2 zs is more than enough to hook up to you speaker system and/or receiver. it also comes with two games, the platinum pro

M-Audio Revolution 7.1 is second to none when it comes to resolution and clarity. I have the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1s on one and its by far the best Ive heard. This soundcard is king for music but if you like all the EAX in games then the Audigy is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back