Which Registry Cleaner???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anybody knows which is the best free registry cleaner on the internet which offers FREE fixes, as i have over 300 registry problems!

or, how do you locate and safely deleate registry problems using regedit???

thanks

it isn't recommended you do it yourself in regedit unless you really know what you're doing

download CCleaner - it's free and has a registry cleaner

what program is telling you that you have 300 problems?

I know 2 free and good and stable registry programs. One is a reg. 'repair' program made by "Glarysoft". Their free version fixes all of the problems that it finds. (No limit). I have used this application on 4 or 5 Windows programs. It's never removed anything that has caused any harm to registries. The second program is a reg. 'cleaner' made by "Eusing". "Eusing". It finds many problems and repairs/eliminates them. Same reliability. This program is reliable and hasn't done any harm to any machines I have it running on. Ask people about them. And CCleaner too is excellent. Another excellent company is "Auslogics". They not only have a disc defrag free, but a registry defrag free as well. Good Luck.

300 "registry problems" is not unusual,and is nothing to worry about.

You can use CCleaner,occasionally,as mentioned,or something like RegScrubXP.

Registry cleaning is grossly overrated,as a way of improving performance

or reducing crashes.

"Registry cleaning is grossly overrated, as a way of improving performance or reducing crashes"...

I wouldn't use the word "grossly"... Registry cleaning can eliminate troubles that can slow down systems or stop programs from running properly. I use CCleaner and Glarysoft's Registry Repair often... 300 Registry problems may be "harmless" and the number may be used as a scare tactic to get some novice to buy a rather useless program. I have seen over 4000 resistry "problems" on a system that would barely boot. After using CCleaner and Glarysoft's cleaner the system was booting normally. I'm not saying that registry cleaners is all one needs. Safe computing practices include a good antivirus and spyware program and keeping your "cookies" in control

I just use TuneUp Utilities 2007. Awesome program imo. Does pretty much everything, from registry, to speeding up your internet (Not really noticable on faster connections), does registry defrag, allows you to take complete control over start menu, has a cleanup tool which is similar to CCleaner in which it gets rid of junk on your PC. And also has some new feature (Not in previous TuneUp Utilities) like HDD info, and HDD disk doctor (fixes problems on your HDD)

i run CCleaner after uninstalling a program because sometimes they leave things behind like file extension associations and whatnot :)

Yes. Registry problems can be way over-stated, but I have used both CCleaner and glarysoft. I use it about once every week or so. Both work fine and best of all they're free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back