Which X99 Motherboard?

There are several ways you can choose a motherboard, but I personally look at the brand first before looking at features because some manufacturers are more reliable than others. I personally like ASUS and Gigabyte but ASRock and MSI are alright also. Now, onto features. There isn't really much you can differtiate between motherboards of the same chipset since most features are largely unimportant to the regular consumer. Usually the more expensive boards have more "features", whether relavent/important or not, is up to the buyer. I would check out this link.

If you still have questions, please ask.

AR has been putting a lot of great products these recent years, even they are focusing on overclocking more and more. Their Bios are very complete in that segment. Mostly your paying marketing dollars if your going for a huge name as ASUS or Gigabyte. They spend heavily and also have much bigger head count to pay than AR. Thats the premium you pay...

Well, pretty much depends what you looking for in a motherboard I would say. Heck, AR even has the X99WS-E/10G with dual 10Gb ports ahaha, but Im guessing your not plannig to build a server or workstation right?

There are several ways you can choose a motherboard, but I personally look at the brand first before looking at features because some manufacturers are more reliable than others. I personally like ASUS and Gigabyte but ASRock and MSI are alright also. Now, onto features. There isn't really much you can differtiate between motherboards of the same chipset since most features are largely unimportant to the regular consumer. Usually the more expensive boards have more "features", whether relavent/important or not, is up to the buyer. I would check out this link.

If you still have questions, please ask.

Asus is nice, but isn't it usually more expensive? Gigabyte, I'm not so sure about, heard their quality hasn't been so great nowadays...if you were to recommend based on brand...Asus and Asrock and MSI, which ones you recommend?

Asus is nice, but isn't it usually more expensive? Gigabyte, I'm not so sure about, heard their quality hasn't been so great nowadays...if you were to recommend based on brand...Asus and Asrock and MSI, which ones you recommend?
Well I personally bought the MSI X99 Gaming 9 AC for the feature set and price compared to the equivalent Asus one. The Gigabyte boards have been a bit hit or miss to me lately (Not that Gigabyte is bad) mostly from the bios areas of the board.

My advice to you is that you need to base this also on what chip you plan on buying as that can make a huge difference in which board is best for you. For instance if you are getting the i7 5820K then the boards that only support up to 3 way SLI/CFX will suffice for most needs on that chip and in that case I would recommend an Asus board like the X99-A or deluxe for its price difference and the fact that you get the Asus OC Socket (Which is better for overclocking your chip and the 5820K needs that boost to be good at overclocking without lucking out a lot). If your grabbing the 5930K or 5960X then some of the higher boards might make sense more especially if you want to do a high number of video cards (Or similar items that use a lot of PCIE lanes) because those chips have more naturally.

There are many other factors to go on but ill summarize my opinion:
Get an inexpensive Asus if you are going for the 5820K especially if you want to overclock
Get an MSI if you just want a good value and good quality together

Most of the boards are so similar besides little differences that in the real world it makes no difference.

Well I personally bought the MSI X99 Gaming 9 AC for the feature set and price compared to the equivalent Asus one. The Gigabyte boards have been a bit hit or miss to me lately (Not that Gigabyte is bad) mostly from the bios areas of the board.

My advice to you is that you need to base this also on what chip you plan on buying as that can make a huge difference in which board is best for you. For instance if you are getting the i7 5820K then the boards that only support up to 3 way SLI/CFX will suffice for most needs on that chip and in that case I would recommend an Asus board like the X99-A or deluxe for its price difference and the fact that you get the Asus OC Socket (Which is better for overclocking your chip and the 5820K needs that boost to be good at overclocking without lucking out a lot). If your grabbing the 5930K or 5960X then some of the higher boards might make sense more especially if you want to do a high number of video cards (Or similar items that use a lot of PCIE lanes) because those chips have more naturally.

There are many other factors to go on but ill summarize my opinion:
Get an inexpensive Asus if you are going for the 5820K especially if you want to overclock
Get an MSI if you just want a good value and good quality together

Most of the boards are so similar besides little differences that in the real world it makes no difference.
Great response. I totally agree.

Back