Who is buying Battlefield 4

I never pre-order... I don't understand the people who do, and are then disappointed. I will wait and try before I buy. I'm fairly happy with BF3, minus the bugs and lack of LAN support. Other than those things its a great game.

I am! My friend pre-ordered it for me for my birthday, I've built a new rig recently as well so I'm pretty confident I can run the game in full, Hell I've even taken the Beta days off as Holiday (even though it was by accident) to play this game.

I am a massive Battlefield fan, Battlefield 2, BC2 and 3 are the ones I spent most my time on. This is bringing in Commander Mode back which makes me very happy and the customization is unreal, unless EA interfere massively like they like to, and ruin the game, I think Dice are getting it spot on.

I was worried that it was going to be a clone of BF3, but I changed my mind after I saw that building collapse in the E3 footage.

I'm a sucker for blowing up buildings :D

I thought the same thing but after watching Gamescom footage, I changed my mind.
I've been playing BF3 for the last few days and the pre-game experience is reminding me why I hate EA. We had a 3 hour outtage today in the peak timeslot. Yesterday there was a high incidence of failures to connect to server (4 of every 5 connection attempts to servers would fail and dump out of the game on load). Couldn't connect at all for half an hour then the odd attempt would work after that.

I've never seen anything like the scale of incompetence for a multiplayer experience ever. The game has been out for how long?

Not going to trust them with BF4. As great as the game would be, the multiplayer platform delivery is atrocious.

I agree with Darth Shiv here. I might however wait it out and see if DICE and EA could actually address some of the failures on BF3 in BF4, so that we could finally enjoy the game, somewhat hassle free!

Meh, My experience has been nothing but good, I mean, the odd server outages when they are "updating" their systems, but overall I've never really had an issue, Guess here in the UK the servers are a hell of a lot more reliable?

Things I would like to see fixed, Voice Communication.
My god is it terrible, Most servers have their own dedicated Team Speak server, I host my own just for BF3 as an example.

I would like to see them have a proper system, like, if your near squad mates they can automatically hear you, but to speak to the whole team you have to hold a button down, and if you want to speak to the commander, you either have to be a squad leader or get your squad leader to relay the message.

I'm still looking forward to this, the fact they've bought features from older Battlefields back means they are listening to the userbase, I bet they have improved server connectivity for BF4, if not, EA are still the worst company in the world.

Meh, My experience has been nothing but good, I mean, the odd server outages when they are "updating" their systems, but overall I've never really had an issue, Guess here in the UK the servers are a hell of a lot more reliable?

Things I would like to see fixed, Voice Communication.
My god is it terrible, Most servers have their own dedicated Team Speak server, I host my own just for BF3 as an example.

I would like to see them have a proper system, like, if your near squad mates they can automatically hear you, but to speak to the whole team you have to hold a button down, and if you want to speak to the commander, you either have to be a squad leader or get your squad leader to relay the message.

I'm still looking forward to this, the fact they've bought features from older Battlefields back means they are listening to the userbase, I bet they have improved server connectivity for BF4, if not, EA are still the worst company in the world.
Personally with connectivity, I have had little to no issues but then again maybe im just lucky, there have been days where I had trouble connecting to servers, but its not been a widespread issue for me at least.

I have to say BF4 looks amazing, its going to be one heck of an experience, I just hope my Twin 6990's can still keep up on Ultra, otherwise, volcanic Islands here I come!

I rarely get disconnects with BF3. But yeah, they have to iron out those issues.

Personally with connectivity, I have had little to no issues but then again maybe im just lucky, there have been days where I had trouble connecting to servers, but its not been a widespread issue for me at least.

I have to say BF4 looks amazing, its going to be one heck of an experience, I just hope my Twin 6990's can still keep up on Ultra, otherwise, volcanic Islands here I come!

Trust me, they will be fine. You shouldnt be the one talking here lol. I have a old gaming laptop from 2009 running a 5730. I gotta upgrade xD.

Our peak period is approximately 6pm to 9pm AEST +10. That's 9am to 12pm in London, 1am to 4am in LA and 4am to 7am in New York. They dropped the servers offline for 3.5 hours across our entire peak the other night.

I'm guessing you guys don't see it because they schedule with your markets in mind. Our entire market gets burned because the servers all go down at the same time across all regions. :mad: (n)

Our peak period is approximately 6pm to 9pm AEST +10. That's 9am to 12pm in London, 1am to 4am in LA and 4am to 7am in New York. They dropped the servers offline for 3.5 hours across our entire peak the other night.

I'm guessing you guys don't see it because they schedule with your markets in mind. Our entire market gets burned because the servers all go down at the same time across all regions. :mad: (n)

Well yeah, they do go down here as well as their last update to battlelog was like 5 hours, that just happens, Especially as I had the day off on the day as well!

But apart from the update, generally on the whole it is relatively reliable, I get the odd "you've been disconnected from the server" error but that is rare.

Do you get disconnected regularly then?

Well yeah, they do go down here as well as their last update to battlelog was like 5 hours, that just happens, Especially as I had the day off on the day as well!

But apart from the update, generally on the whole it is relatively reliable, I get the odd "you've been disconnected from the server" error but that is rare.

Do you get disconnected regularly then?
90% of the disconnects usually occur around times they've recently done an update - origin or battlelog so I wouldn't say game server stability has been much of a problem lately. Early days I'd get a lot more disconnects from random stuff like Punkbuster deciding it wasn't connecting to it's server properly or it wasn't updated properly and booting everyone.

I also usually have a lot of trouble with the battlelog plugin updates - many times have to reinstall it 3, 4, 5 times, completely closing my browser between attempts, wait a minute or two to make sure the process has cleared handles etc, to log back into battlelog only to be told "your plugin is out of date" again and have to try re-apply it.

Pretty horrendous compared to CS, CS:S, BF1942, BF2, BL1 + BL2, UT series and so on. I'm just staggered they can make an experience so unreliable and think this is acceptable. BF3 multiplayer platform issues have in the last year cost me more hours than all those other games combined from the last 5 years... easily!

I have 1100 hours played in BF3, and I won't touch BF4. I played the beta for 10 hours and uninstalled it. It's not a BF game to me IMO. Levolution is the same scripted event over and over. I can take out the skyscraper out in the first 2mins, and when it's down, the game isn't as fun. Don't even get me started on all the roof campers. It's CoD with a Battlefield skin over top, so I'm probably just gonna buy Ghosts and see what BF4 is like after its first major patch (it's gonna need one), and go from there.

I have 1100 hours played in BF3, and I won't touch BF4. I played the beta for 10 hours and uninstalled it. It's not a BF game to me IMO. Levolution is the same scripted event over and over. I can take out the skyscraper out in the first 2mins, and when it's down, the game isn't as fun. Don't even get me started on all the roof campers. It's CoD with a Battlefield skin over top, so I'm probably just gonna buy Ghosts and see what BF4 is like after its first major patch (it's gonna need one), and go from there.

Wait for the final game. A bunch can change from now till then.

So your ok with buying the copy paste game franchise over BF4?

But anyway, this is one map and that always subject to change, theres going to be a ton of different maps to choose from, just because you dont like one should not mean the whole game is bad.

Btw, anyone having trouble getting into games at the moment, ive been trying and I keep getting the loading screen for eternity?

So your ok with buying the copy paste game franchise over BF4?

But anyway, this is one map and that always subject to change, theres going to be a ton of different maps to choose from, just because you dont like one should not mean the whole game is bad.

Btw, anyone having trouble getting into games at the moment, ive been trying and I keep getting the loading screen for eternity?

With CoD Ghosts I know what to expect.

My experience with BF3 tells me it will take one or two mega patches and a long wait for issues in BF4 to get fixed. For example in BF3 their were the, M26 Dart glitch, M16A3 nerfs, Tach light nerfs, OP sun nerfs, IRNV scope nerf, MAV riding fix, etc etc etc. BF4 has far greater issues.

Wait for the final game. A bunch can change from now till then.

True, but I already have a LONG list of dislikes that are not related to common Beta glitches like connection issues (I didn't have any), and boats spawning in the street. I loved the BF3 beta and preordered immediately. Less than an hour into the BF4 beta I already hated it, because it did not feel like a BF game to me. I pushed myself to play another 9 hours and felt even worse about it. I watched some BF4 beta video today on youtube and saw a purple tank... Let's just say I wanted to punch my monitor after that.

True, but I already have a LONG list of dislikes that are not related to common Beta glitches like connection issues (I didn't have any), and boats spawning in the street. I loved the BF3 beta and preordered immediately. Less than an hour into the BF4 beta I already hated it, because it did not feel like a BF game to me. I pushed myself to play another 9 hours and felt even worse about it. I watched some BF4 beta video today on youtube and saw a purple tank... Let's just say I wanted to punch my monitor after that.

Yeah I get that feeling that it isnt BF anymore. The controls and playstyle seem more like CoD now. But I think I will get it. I probably wont buy premium until it is on sale.

Back