Why can't I change my desktop wallpaper

Lawman

I restored my computer the other and now it's not letting me change my wallpaper it sez:
"This image can't be set as wallpaper. An internal error occurred"

I restored my computer the other and now it's not letting me change my wallpaper it sez:

What Operating System are you using? XP, Vista or W7 ?
Also, what is the exact error code?

From where you try to set it? From Internet Explorer or Windows Photo Viewer?

I use windows 7 Home premuim 64Bit
And I tryed it from intetnet explorer, and I did save the imaage as well onto my desktop but still isn't letting me to set to desktop background. I have read a number of forums where people have experienced the same problem after restoring there computer. Also icons have gone transparent which I have fixed.
Error message was: "This image can't be set as wallpaper. An internal error occurred"

I use windows 7 Home premuim 64Bit
And I tryed it from intetnet explorer, and I did save the imaage as well onto my desktop but still isn't letting me to set to desktop background. I have read a number of forums where people have experienced the same problem after restoring there computer. Also icons have gone transparent which I have fixed.
Error message was: "This image can't be set as wallpaper. An internal error occurred"

NO guarantee this will help, but from the W7 forums http://www.sevenforums.com/customiz...top-wallpaper-windows-7-home-premium-x64.html

Other than that, you might look here http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/

Ok, try this Start> Pictures>IF they're in a folder,click it to open it & then pick the picture you want on your desktop & RIGHT click it. and in the menu It should say ; Set As Desktop Background,click it & it should appear. I just did so on a friends Vista Home Premium. Good luck.:)

Back