Why can't I use more then two sticks of RAM?

Hi, I'm new to the forums, found it through google.

I bought a PC yesterday, with a Thunder K8SD Pro S2882-D Motherboard. Which has two physical processors, and a total of 8 Dimm slots. 4 for each processor. The problem is I can only get it to boot if there is only memory in dimm1 of each channel. If I put it in dimm 1 and 3 all I get is a black screen. No combination works. Any ideas on how I could get all my Dimm slots working?
Thanks
Louis

Sorry, there is no edit button, but I've been tinkering with it all morning. After resetting the CMOS jumper, instead of just getting a black screen I get the mega-trends Bios screen, it says
Press F12 to boot from the network
Press F11 for BBS POPUP
checking NVRAM
3 MB OK!

but it wont move past that screen. It doesn't give me an option to go into the bios options, And nothing happens when I press F!! or F12

I am not really sure, But with my board, The memory has to be in pairs, Say I was running 3 gigs, My board would only work with 2- 1 gig of memory sticks 2-512 memory sticks. All four of my memory slots had to be filled. Now if I upgraded it had to be It had to be in pairs of the same kind of memory. Persay I wanted to add 4 gigs .I had to run 2-2gig sticks. and so forth.

Some motherboards are very picky about the memory they'll actually work with. Is your memory from the QVL (qualified vendors list)? Pages 29-31 of the manual have some interesting facts that may point to the issue you're having. Are the memory sticks you're using the same?

Back