Why do these IE pop-ups keep popping up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run Windows XP.
For the past week its been pretty funky.
These really weird IE pop-ups keep popping up.
Tons of them. I keep wondering why.
I run FireFox because i heard it was safer than IE and i like it.
But the pop-ups don't let me go online.
They are pop-ups that say Stopzilla, Iq quiz, and other bunch of bologna.

Help me?
I really don't know a lot about computers

hi OdiDK

I think you might have contracted a virus or some malware. Please run the 8-step virus removal from here .... https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ .... Have you tried turning on your pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer? Open Internet Explorer > click Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab > Check the "Block pop-ups" box. In Firefox click Tools > Options > Content tab > Check the "Block pop ups" box....

Spyder_1386 :)

I Sweeped for Spyware About a few Hours ago with SpySweeper and it said i had virtumonde?
Is that an adware?

I don't use SpySweeper I find it slow and annoying
Anyone who has used it will know

Anyway the free alternatives (which aren't "alternatives" but the best approach) is much better ;)

Anyway good luck, I'm betting you have more than virtumonde problem !
But no one knows without the logs ;)

If you want help finding and cleaning the malware, please follow the steps here:
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Once you have run the programs and attached the logs, they will be reviewed and you will receive assistance.

By the way, as to this:
For the past week its been pretty funky. These really weird IE pop-ups keep popping up.
Tons of them. I keep wondering why. I run FireFox because i heard it was safer than IE and i like it.
But the pop-ups don't let me go online. They are pop-ups that say Stopzilla, Iq quiz, and other bunch of bologna.

1. Do all the pop-up indicate Stopilla? If not, what are they for?
2. Firefox has as build-in pop-up stopper.
3. What do you mean 'don't let me go online'?
4. The terms "funky", "weird" and "bologna" may be your opinion of the pop-ups but they do not help us identity them and doing that can help determine what type of malware infection you have.Saying the other 'bunch of bologna' really doesn't help us to determine what the pop-ups are for!

virtumonde is malware and you most certainly will have other malware infections. Spysweeper alone is NOT sufficient to either prevent or remove all the malware.

Follow the steps please. And about this: "I really don't know a lot about computers" Educating yourself about what is needed for the security of your system is very important and it's available here and on other computer sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back