Why does: "Waiting for res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm..." appear in the Status Bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minime88

Why does the following message appear every time I open IE 7.

"Waiting for res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm..."

But when I refresh the page it works fine and the error has gone. It only appears when I first open IE.

Thanks!

This is generally an error caused by a spyware infestation. It is also caused in Internet Explorer 7.0 going to sites that are less secure... but the error didn't show up in IE 6.

On some computers and setups, it is caused by Zone Alarm and Kerio firewalls.

You can stop the message by opening your internet explorer then going to TOOLS then INTERNET OPTIONS then SECURITY and then uncheck the ENABLE PROTECTED MODE options then close and open your IE7

But I would run antispyware scans from at least three or four souces... panda, computer associates, spyware sweeper, spyware doctor, AVG antispyware, etc.

This is a common error in IE 7.0 that you can avoid by using Firefox 2.0.0.3

raybay said:
This is generally an error caused by a spyware infestation. It is also caused in Internet Explorer 7.0 going to sites that are less secure... but the error didn't show up in IE 6.

On some computers and setups, it is caused by Zone Alarm and Kerio firewalls.

You can stop the message by opening your internet explorer then going to TOOLS then INTERNET OPTIONS then SECURITY and then uncheck the ENABLE PROTECTED MODE options then close and open your IE7

But I would run antispyware scans from at least three or four souces... panda, computer associates, spyware sweeper, spyware doctor, AVG antispyware, etc.

This is a common error in IE 7.0 that you can avoid by using Firefox 2.0.0.3

I can't find the 'Enable protected mode' on the security tabs in internet options. Where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back