Why is it Shutting Down???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaroddog

First off, I would like to say I'm happy to type my first post in such a well respected forum. Second, thanks to all have put time into solving some of the many problems that plague the world of computing. I've looked up many problems on these forums and personally appreciate all the tricks, tips, and fixes.

Now I have a specific question. My computer keeps shutting down. I've got it set to restart automatically so no BSoD appears. But I have checked the system log and here is what I got:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x00000000, 0xb42f79f4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini120805-01.dmp.

I've had problems playing Star Wars Battlefront from day one. It has crashed my system numerous times. Well, I switched hard drives and installed xp. I was just downloading service pack two download for IT's, since I was going to slipstream a version of windows xp with service pack 2 (I have xp pro 2002 original version). Right as I was about 10 megabytes away from completion of the huge download, my system crashed. I haven't even installed vid drivers yet! That was the last straw! I've ran memtest86 and msoft's memory tester as well with no reported errors. I'm not sure where to go from here, anyone have some suggestions for me?

Here are some minidumps. Would anyone be able to use these to help? If not, please give me a list of what you need to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back