Widescreen resolution on old games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor_hv

I have 19" widescreen LCD monitor with resolution 1440x900...
There are some of my favorite games such is NFS:MW or PES2008 which don't support this resolution and I have to play them at 1280x960 which doesn't look very great, and I have 8800GT so these games run like a breeze...
Is there any way to set up a custom resolution for the games that don't support it?

Well, I think some games you can force to resolutions that aren't in their default list. I'm not a big gamer so I don't know for sure, but I think there still is hope for some games.

In your control panel, go to flat panel, and there should be options like "keep aspect ratio". Select the option that says "Do not expand the screen" or something like that. You will notice a HUGE increase in the picture quality.

Well, that is the problem with stretched picture, it is not as clear as native resolution, regardless of AA applied... But luckily, most of them supports this res...
BTW, I have a problem with Test Drive Unlimited, it gives me Blue Screen of death every time I play it, and after reboot it shows me the message that Vista recovered...
I don't have similar problems with other games, I use Vista Ultimate 64bit with SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back