wifi start up on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayno20

it seems like wifi starting up with windows makes things kinda slow (i am using windows wifi manager) sometimes the blue lines on the xp screen only roll by 6 times, and other times its over 12

there doesnt seem to be any pattern to it, just random times its slower than other times... is there anything i can do to make sure it starts up as fast as possible?

jayno20 said:
it seems like wifi starting up with windows makes things kinda slow (i am using windows wifi manager) sometimes the blue lines on the xp screen only roll by 6 times, and other times its over 12

there doesnt seem to be any pattern to it, just random times its slower than other times... is there anything i can do to make sure it starts up as fast as possible?

As with any slow starting machine the answer lies in "MSCONFIG" as well as the "Services" that are set to load at start up.

To get to Msconfig Start >run >msconfig> enter, the last tab is startup and in here you can see what is set to load when windows starts, I wouldnt suggest you mess to much as removing the wrong things can cause windows to misbehave a little, however take a look at whats in there and see what you have, if there is anything that you dont need just untick and reboot, I would suggest not unticking anything relating to antivirus and the like as these are quite essential.

As for the "services" these are a little more complex but if you do a google on "XP services" you will get some good sites telling you what you can safely turn off....

Regards

i only have a few things in there, i keep pretty tight wraps on my system, just wifi seems to start slow the rest of it is fine... i disabled a bunch of services that helped speed it up a tad, but im looking for a reason why wifi takes so long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back