Will an 8800gt run on my psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a stock dell 375 w psu with +5v-22OA and +12va-18OA and -12V-220a and +12vb-18oa. Now heres the thing my current card is and 8800 gs and my psu though under the card's req my psu still run perfectly with my comp. The previous owner of my comp assure me that Nvidia put too much req on their card and to not wrry if ur card is under the req just a little it will run fine. Can someone please help me?

Yes, but possible not for long, or else not so well. The Dell is a good power supply, but it was designed for existing configuration. The risk is that something could fail that could make the experience expensive. You can get a more powerful power supply and install it yourself... You have to be careful that the new power supply is about the same size in length, width, and height... and that the power switch is in the right place. You can find a large variety on www.directron.com that show photos of the PSU's they sell. There are likely other sites that will also let you see them. Look for a 450 watt or greater from a good company. We like to use these in Dells: Sparkle, Seasonic, FSP Group, Corsair, OCZ, Antec, and evenCooler Master... as long as they have that power switch and cooling fan in the right place. There are 87 different power supply company brands. Only about 19 of them are truly good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back