Will not boot up, even with boot cd

Hi. I have tried everything I can find online, so hopefully you guys can help me.

The last time I used my desktop, I searched movie times and shut it down. It was fine. When I try to get on it now, it gives me a screen with the option to start windows in safe mode to make repairs, or to start windows normally. If I choose to start normally, it goes through to the screen with 'windows corporation' then goes blank. It does not get to the point where I enter in my password.

If I chose the safe mode option, it will say that it is loading files and ultimately go to the blank screen. At start up, I have tried to do a system restore. It goes to a blue screen with a mouse this time, but nothing else.

I have windows vista, so I created a boot disc and try booting it with that. I get the option to press any key to boot from a cd or dvd. It says that it is loading files, and then goes straight to the blank screen.

I've tried everything from unplugging it, to checking the connections, to holding a fan on it incase it overheated. I need to fix this computer!

Thank you so much in advance.

You probably have a hardware failure. I would suggest removing your boot hard drive and set it aside. Install another hard drive and attempt to load Vista. If Vista fails to install, you can troubleshoot your hardware from that point with out destroying your data. I would start by replacing your memory. If you can't do this, a PC technician can

Back