Will this work???

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxLairdxX

Hello again all, If youve read my other two threads you will have noticed i'm goin g to bbuild a computer. Due to ecommendations and a whole lot of unlucky price raises i've been forced to switch alot of things around. Right now the computer i want to build is composed of this.

CPU-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.20GHz / 1MB Cache / 2000MHz FSB / Socket AM2 / Dual-Core (Windsor)

Mobo-Biostar GeForce 6100 AM2 NVIDIA Socket AM2 Motherboard / Audio / Video / PCI Express / 10/100 Ethernet LAN / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA / RAID

Hard Drive-Seagate / Barracuda 7200.9 / 80GB / 7200 / 8MB / SATA-300 / OEM / Hard Drive

Case-Xion II Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side Front USB and Audio Ports and 450-Watt Power Supply

Graphics Card-RADEON X800GT 260mb display memory

Floppy and Cd drives- whatever is in this computer

Operating System- Windows XP Media Center 2005 with remote

I'm preety sure all these are compatible mainly im just unsure of the operating system because i just changed my mind to upgrase up from home edition.
Also i can upgrade to an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.40GHz for $75 more , Is it worth it?
Thanks for any help you can give in advance!

why don't you go with intel's new Conroe? their fast and cheap E6300 is only 200+$ and as fast as high-end amd's.

Check out the budget PC guide on the TechSpot front page. With that guide, u can get a very good PC for just under 700-100 dollars depending on the choices u make. As for the case, try the Antec Sonata II. It comes with a good quality PSU and looks super as well. A good PSU is important since a cheap one can blow if even slightly overloaded, taking out other components as well. A good quality one will just shut down without causing damage to the components of ur PC.

Ok well this is going to be a gaming computer so i want an AMD. Not only that but AMD has a deal with the site i am ordering these parts from so it is much cheaper than an intel. Also most Canadain stores dont cary the Conroe so i cant go with that. The case i'm getting has all the cooling included wich is great for the price and i'll probably just buy a new PSU. The thing i was mainly concerned about was the compatibilty and quality of the mobo and nobody mentioned that so i think i'm good to rool. I'll probably order the parts on monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back