Win-10 upgrade on my laptop

Viraf P Chinoy

I've a HP laptop model 15-N019TU that came with windows 8 single language OS.
I connected it to my wifi & upgraded thro store to win 8.1 OS so far so good.

Now I want to know if I can upgrade it win-10 under the digital entitlement option??
I've been able to locate the site driverscollection.com where I'm able to see at least 5 upgrades for my laptop to windows-10 including 1 BIOS upgrade too. However when I try to download I'm unable to do it.

installing the upgrades is a challenge that I'll face later.

I'm a windows insider & have done the upgrade from win7 / win 8.1 to win-10 seamlessly on 2 of my desktops. However as laptop is a different ballgame I'm seeking help from my friends on techspot.com

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

Viraf P Chinoy

I downloaded the free Microsoft media creation tool to handle my updates to W10. So far it has been excellent downloading, installing and activating Windows 10. I suggest that you try that method first.

Sorry bro, it slipped my mind to mention in the 1st post the below sentence:

"I've downloaded the .ISO file of build 10586 onto a DVD & hence would like to skip the online update but do it offline only.
My 2nd desktop too I've done using this way only. This I'm saying as online update uses almost 5 to 6 GB of net as against that here all happens from DVD only & if we've chosen don't update now, even updates don't get installed in the process. Hope you help me in this.

Also what about those 5 files for HP laptop that I'd mentioned from the net which are giving me too much hassles when downloading ??"

Hope to receive a proper / complete reply from you / all concerned. please Thanks -- Viraf P Chinoy

I don't understand your post but it sounds like you want to find your own way of upgrading to Windows 10. As the two usual update paths are designed to simplify the download and activation procedure good luck with that.

Sorry bro but I'm now clarifying to you:
I do not want to do online upgrade & waste so much of my Net usage (6GB).
I've the .ISO file on a DVD ready that I can use to upgrade.
Using this .ISO file how can I upgrade win 8.1 to win 10.

Hope that you'll help me in this matter. Thanks

Thanks, I do understand your position now. There is a chance that the download of Windows 10 has already happened in the background without your being aware of it. How to activate Windows 10 if you use the ISO is something to find out about because I don't know. It's automatic when following the normal update methods. Sorry that I haven't been much help.

Back