Win XP not seeing my firewire connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

neogeo1

I have just bought a new Belkin firewire cable 6pin to 4pin to capture video from my camcorder to my PC. Previously I used a USB cable for this and then I lost it which is why I bought the Firewire cable.......

Trouble is my camcorder is not being recognized in either Windows Movie Maker or Ulead Video Studio 11. I can't see the firewire information in device manager also. I suspect this is a Win XP problem I am having because no balloons come on when I plug the cable into the PC either and turn on the camcorder

I have never used a firewire cable before so can someone please advise if I need a driver for Win XP SP2? should I be seeing it show up in device manager? because I can't see it there. Please help.

Thanks

Please press the GO button, to update all your Asus drivers

Some Service Pack (SP) will pop out a warning message in your default browser, under the address bar
Click on the message "Install ActiveX Control" to continue the installation.

Also please put your System Specs information in your Profile

How do you know if I am using an Asus board or not???

I followed your instructions and get the 'Asus Navigation Wizard has been installed' popop. But I cannot see it anywhere on my system. What now?

I have access to full information on all posts (all specs and IP come up) Please see note below

If the Asus wizard does not continue (even after pressing the button a second time)
Try this:

Please press the green button, to update all your drivers

Sorry, it seems you must do this twice, once here, then when you get to Asus support, click it again. This button uses JavaScript (which is enabled by default on most browsers)

Note: only joking, I saw another old thread of yours, with specs on it :)

Sorry for a stupid question, but what should the Product, Series and Models be? I am new to all this. Thanks for your patience.

Well those buttons up there are suppose to take you to your exact model
But if they are not. Then on laptops it should be written underneath somewhere
On PCs it should also be written on the Asus case, or last resort, printed on the Motherboard

Don't I feel like a goose. My motherboard does not have firewire. I need to buy a firewire card and install it.

There is a slot for it on the front of the case, near the USB slots, but apparently it is not available on my motherboard, it is a feature of the case. I need to buy a firewire card and install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back