Win XP software

worthbillions

Hi:

Would like to know if someone has win xp home edition that I can download so that I can restore my hard drive for use.

Thank you.

Well you can't just download OS from anyone and use it, it just is not legal.

More appropriate approach would be:

1. If you have legitimate serial #, and no media, to perhaps get replacement media.
2. If 1 is not true, buy a legitimate copy, I wasn't able to find any quote on newegg for XP, but Win7 Home Edition x64 is listed as 99$, which seems very reasonable to me.

If you download a crack version you may get some problem and it is illegal. But if you are doing it for repair utility thus it is ok... I think

Illegally uploaded not sanctioned by MS are illegal, therefore any download of such content is illegal.
Having windows XP discs (as long as you're not selling them) is fine.
As long as your installation was legally purchased and the disk was also validly purchased, it's legal.

Highlight following text:
- > Just kidding I made that up. <-

As above:

If the media is genuine MS supplied, and your using a genuine product key, and your installing the correct type of media (retail/OEM/manufacturer specific/Corporate etc) for your particular install it is legal.

In essence, pretty much every download of an Microsoft OS (with exception to those off of MS website) are illegal.

Back