Win32/heur virus an now other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an xps dell computer dual core 3.4 with xp home os. I had avg and it detected win32/heur virus and after scanning it kept on finding 202 threats. Then I started having problems rebooting. I get error messages logonui.exe application error. Now if I click this about 10 times I get to a login screen with my name and I click it the windows starts. But as soon it gets to the wallpaper I get another error userinit.exe application error I click this and I'm good at that point. I do notice I can't get system restore to work and I can't get scan fix to work either. So I'm here so I can get some help I follow the 8 steps and I'll load then up. Please help because I have a 5 pound sludge hammer not to faraway.

it says on your mbam log file that no actions were taken? you should probably have it cleaned and see if the problem still continues.

I'll say that another way ;)

-> No action taken on MBAM scan, for found issues
Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <========= Not Done

Please re-run Malwarebytes
Confirm updated (third tab)
Then do the above quoted message, but this time "Remove all found issues"

By the way, you will need to then restart, and run (and attach) a new HJT log

hey sorry it took me so long to reply, but after I deleted all virus that came up I didn't have INTERNET access and I could load up new drivers no matter what I did so I reformatted my computer and now I'm OK. Plus I loaded up a new virus scan and such from this great forum So thank you for helping

Oh that's what happened

Thanks for the update :grinthumb
Can I just mention that although unsure of your present Antivirus software, or the software program that you were using when you became infected.
Avira free antivirus, seems to be the best at the moment.

Good luck this time :)

I was using avg 8. but I loaded avast but if you think avira is better then I will load that one and I also got the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware but any other ideas I will welcome

Never mind Hole9yard, that was just a spam post, member is now removed
His link went to a program called XoftSpySE, which you must pay for :mad: Forget that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back