Winamp 5.1 won't play 5.1 mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirock

I just bought a new set of Creative 7.1 speakers and installed. I set my Creative settings for 7.1 , but I can't get Winamp 5.1 to play 5.1. It will only play in 2.1 mode. :mad: I have set the Plug-ins/Output to SoundBlaster Live 24Bit. Don't know what else to do.

Also I have PowerCinema so I played StarWars III in full 7.1 sound no probs after setting Audio to 7.1.

What gives? Is it because SB Live 24 is set to 7.1 that winamp5.1 can't understand that? In the configure output page (Winamp): speaker set-up was listed as unknown. :suspiciou

TS Thomas was going to write a guide on winamp plug-ins but I don't see it, nor anything with my winamp search here that answered my question.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Thanks Howard for info. I had actaully came on-line to update this thread because I found that if I enable CMSS in Creative SB Live 24 I can have 5.1, but not 7.1 still. I can live with that. (Edit: oops: Not sure why 1 guy flamed Creative CMSS, because it sounds pretty good. I really like the Effects tab, you can set Theatre, Jazz Club, etc) :)

On a personal note: I had just a single pair of Harmon Kardons before last night. Bought these 7.1 Creative speaker set from Best Buy for $102 Cnd (x0.8=US), with a $33 mail-in rebate. (in theory then they are $ 69Cnd or $56 US).

I'm actaully VERY pleased at how they sound, more like impressed. What a huge diff from my HK pair, not even close. My comp room is a little small and with all 8 speakers going, the room just fills with sound! In StarWars III the opening battle scene just rocks. I have 5.1 in my living room but the room is so much bigger even with the system cranked I don't think it has the same fill sense.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back