Winamp playlist capped at 999 songs?

circusboy01

Does Winamp's playlist only hold 999 songs? I transferred well over 1000 songs, from Audials 8 to Winamp. All I can see in the Winamp playlist is 999. I even tried stretching out the playlist.. As always Thanks CB

When I used to use Winamp I never had problems going over 1000. I don't think it's a limitation of the application.

I also haven't had any problems going over 1000 in Winamp. But today I finally had enough of it and have uninstalled it, it has gone downhill in incredible fashion since 2.9x.

When I used to use Winamp I never had problems going over 1000. I don't think it's a limitation of the application.

Thanks LCNPapa & SNGX1275
That's what I thought. Seems like I had more than 999 song on Winamp. Back, when Kazaa was legal. I have a theory. I got my Audials 8 from, either a Download of the day, or a Giveaway of the day. Don't remember which.
With A8 you can record multiple radio stations at the same time.
Mine isn't the top of the line version. That one you have to pay for. I'm lemited to being able to record only 7 stations at the same time. With the paid version you can record a lot more,at the same time. ( Don't know how many.)
Perhaps I'm limited to 999 transfer to another device. If I'm not using the full version.
Does that make any sense? CB
Theory #1 was wrong. Tested the Full Version. Winamp still only showed 999 songs. Let's try theory #2 Winamp wont add to it's Playlist any thing that too small. Like little bits of song of only say 20 to 50 seconds. My A8 is full of little 2 digit ad spots. I'll get rid of them and try again.

I'm sure you've tried this. But what happens if you take say 1 or 2 files out of what you are trying to add (that is over 999) and then, once the 999 is loaded, try to add those other 1 or 2 files. I'm not sure what good this information would yield us - but IF you get 1000 or more that way it would at the very least prove you can get over 999 added.

I've added songs less than a minute to winamp in the past though, so I think your theory #2 is also not going to work. For example, I'm pretty sure some clips in either Adam Sandler's What the Hell Happened to Me were shorter than 50 seconds, and if not then surely at least something in Sublime's discography was (I've ripped all those from my cds at some point in the past).

I'm sure you've tried this. But what happens if you take say 1 or 2 files out of what you are trying to add (that is over 999) and then, once the 999 is loaded, try to add those other 1 or 2 files. I'm not sure what good this information would yield us - but IF you get 1000 or more that way it would at the very least prove you can get over 999 added.

I've added songs less than a minute to winamp in the past though, so I think your theory #2 is also not going to work. For example, I'm pretty sure some clips in either Adam Sandler's What the Hell Happened to Me were shorter than 50 seconds, and if not then surely at least something in Sublime's discography was (I've ripped all those from my cds at some point in the past).

Your right theory #2 didn't work
I'll try your idea. Iv'e been shading all the songs and sending them over all at once. I'll
only shade most of them and send them to Winamp. Then send the rest over one at a time.

It didn't work. Sent 989 over all at once. when I sent the first one over by itself all 989 songs were cleared from the playlist. Only that one song remained. Oh well I can just listen to them with A8. It was a good idea though.

Can I ask why you tried Winamp? As much as I haven't really cared for Foobar, I know a lot of other people that really like it (including LNCPapa). Perhaps a different player would work better for you?

As much as iTunes sucks on Windows I've pretty much resorted to it because of its sharing ability, and I share on my local network a lot. I have a Mac Mini connected to my 46" tv and I don't have cable or satellite TV, so I watch a lot of stuff through my Mini. On top of that, having my full media library accessable through something that can play on my pretty decent home stereo system is far better than listening on my not very good 2.1 or worse systems.

Can I ask why you tried Winamp? As much as I haven't really cared for Foobar, I know a lot of other people that really like it (including LNCPapa). Perhaps a different player would work better for you?

As much as iTunes sucks on Windows I've pretty much resorted to it because of its sharing ability, and I share on my local network a lot. I have a Mac Mini connected to my 46" tv and I don't have cable or satellite TV, so I watch a lot of stuff through my Mini. On top of that, having my full media library accessable through something that can play on my pretty decent home stereo system is far better than listening on my not very good 2.1 or worse systems.

I've been using Winamp for as long as I've been using computers. But, I also have VLC Windows media player, and Windows media center. But , unless I'm just not clicking the correct button or something, They don't show the numbers so you can see how many songs there are. What's Foobar? CB

Hey Everybody.

I figured out whats going on. I thought this might be what was happening. So I did a test. I wrote down the song that was on the bottom of the list, and the one at the top.
I let it record songs for a while. while I read some E-Mails. When I checked It had recorded about 20 new songs. But when I went to the bottom of the list The song that was there" Elvis Presley Witchcraft ' was gone. That means the free version will only record 999 songs. After that For any new song added to the top. One is taken away from the bottom. Thanks for helping me figure this out CB

Back