Windows 10 start icon not working

Doctor Gallop

This morning I turned on my PC and I tried to use the windows 10 search box but it no longer works! It will not accept my typing any text into it and the windows 10 icon in the task bar is not working either.
When I try to bring up Microsoft Edge all I get is a quick flash and then it disappears!
I can click on anything else and it works fine.
Cannot access start menu to go to advanced settings for a rollback to Windows 7.

I am sick of this Windows 10 nonsense. Is there a simple way to roll back to Windows 7 ?

If you used the proper upgrade path to get Windows 10 you should not be having problems and the option to rollback to Windows 7 will be there. If you have downloaded and installed Windows 10 by means of an ISO I think you will have to reinstall Windows 7 the hard way.

This morning I turned on my PC and I tried to use the windows 10 search box but it no longer works! It will not accept my typing any text into it and the windows 10 icon in the task bar is not working either.
When I try to bring up Microsoft Edge all I get is a quick flash and then it disappears!
I can click on anything else and it works fine.
Cannot access start menu to go to advanced settings for a rollback to Windows 7.

I am sick of this Windows 10 nonsense. Is there a simple way to roll back to Windows 7 ?
I had a similiar problem with my start menu (windows logo) & after 3 reboots,it finally worked after the 4th reboot. Be patient. :)

How did you solve it in case someone else needs to know? Thanks. :)

I could only use the Task Manager to try to locate files because the desktop would not display, it was just a black screen. I finally had to resort to a total 'Factory Install' and I did that by holding down the Alt key while continued tapping of the F10 key which eventually brought up the Recovery Management module. Then I simply clicked on the "Restore to Factory" settings. That stroke of genius did not come from my small brain. It was given to me by a computer wizard friend of mine.

Back