Posts: 12,795 +124
Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 Technical Preview build for phones. Build 10052 arrives less than two weeks after its predecessor and fixes several of the issues that testers have discovered thus far.
A post on the official Windows blog listed the following issues as those addressed in the new build:
- Flight mode can now be enabled.
- You can now disable data connections.
- We fixed the bug in which your phone’s MMS settings were lost after upgrading from Build 9941.
- We fixed the issue in which you couldn’t download keyboards for additional languages.
- We fixed the issue where the viewfinder in the Camera app gets composed incorrectly on some devices like the Lumia 1020.
Microsoft also noted that they received reports of failures on a small number of Lumia 520 devices when trying to roll back to Windows Phone 8.1 using the Windows Phone Reset Tool. Downloads for the 520 were paused and upon investigation, it was discovered that the way in which the reset tool was re-flashing the devices was responsible for the failures.
A revised version of the tool has since been released that should get impacted users up and running. Microsoft has also resumed downloading of the Technical Preview for 520 users.
Those participating in the Windows Insider program who already have the earlier build installed can download the new update by simply going to the settings menu and checking for an OS update.
Image via WinBeta