Windows 11 vs. Windows 10 Performance: Gaming and Applications

Ok so relevant question: what is Techspot planning to do if they receive a DMCA takedown notice from Microsoft? Just reporting on the findings from others would probably be fair use but if you (Well, Steve, but I assume working as an official contributor for the article side at least) did the testing and that means that you've got the ISO it means that the DMCA takedowns you yourselves reported Microsoft was issuing, would necessarily apply to you and the article.

Always wondered since hearing rumors about Windows 11 what would be the real aim of MS behind this supposedly new OS and there are a few things that come to my mind:

- Rewriting the core of services responsible for spying on all levels and reducing to the best extent possible external software ability and internal settings for influencing it;

- Removing even more user settings for OS customization and end user control; instead forcing you into silly/thoughtless themes and Mac-style (heavy on resources) vizualizations; also removing proven UI elements just to count this "different"/"new". Start (Win 7) button has been one of them, luckily we still have Classic Shell.

- Removing/reducing even more end user options for network customization influencing how Miscrosoft & partners' cloud servers and ports are accessed (including without user knowledge). For those with a little bit of observation over their own PC, Microsoft even now with Windows 10 is in complete control of port opening, closing and scanning in deep collaboration with its partners so they can close (or open) any port for you from within the Operating System (without your knowledge of course). I presume they have worked even harder to sophisticate this to the extent that you have even less/zero control.

Of course they will now add a few shiny candies and work with the software developers of some huge corporations and gaming companies such as Adobe to optimize certain programs for Windows 11 and make it attractive for the even professional masses. My personal observations however for quite a long time, including with Windows 10, is that Windows is becoming more and more of a closed (prison) system where Users have zero control over anything. They want us to have a local Office 365, or a browser OS, or a Google Stadia system, where you simply watch on your own dedicated and otherwise precious owned by you hardware "a movie/game" that they play for you. You own it, but They have it!

You eventually will also start paying fees for using it - or alternatively as at the moment with Windows 10 - you will be The Product. Data and so on. Welcome to Umbrella Corporation, you either Pay and Use, one way or another, or you are useless (for them). I miss Windows 7...

A rather underwhelming MacNothingburger so far, unsure if that’s a good or a bad thing considering windows 10 is…ok. (Hides)

It has to be aimed primarily toward providing a scheduler capable of handling big.little processors. I'd be surprised to see much if any performance difference with existing hardware.

Always wondered since hearing rumors about Windows 11 what would be the real aim of MS behind this supposedly new OS and there are a few things that come to my mind:

- Rewriting the core of services responsible for spying on all levels and reducing to the best extent possible external software ability and internal settings for influencing it;

- Removing even more user settings for OS customization and end user control; instead forcing you into silly/thoughtless themes and Mac-style (heavy on resources) vizualizations; also removing proven UI elements just to count this "different"/"new". Start (Win 7) button has been one of them, luckily we still have Classic Shell.

- Removing/reducing even more end user options for network customization influencing how Miscrosoft & partners' cloud servers and ports are accessed (including without user knowledge). For those with a little bit of observation over their own PC, Microsoft even now with Windows 10 is in complete control of port opening, closing and scanning in deep collaboration with its partners so they can close (or open) any port for you from within the Operating System (without your knowledge of course). I presume they have worked even harder to sophisticate this to the extent that you have even less/zero control.

Of course they will now add a few shiny candies and work with the software developers of some huge corporations and gaming companies such as Adobe to optimize certain programs for Windows 11 and make it attractive for the even professional masses. My personal observations however for quite a long time, including with Windows 10, is that Windows is becoming more and more of a closed (prison) system where Users have zero control over anything. They want us to have a local Office 365, or a browser OS, or a Google Stadia system, where you simply watch on your own dedicated and otherwise precious owned by you hardware "a movie/game" that they play for you. You own it, but They have it!

You eventually will also start paying fees for using it - or alternatively as at the moment with Windows 10 - you will be The Product. Data and so on. Welcome to Umbrella Corporation, you either Pay and Use, one way or another, or you are useless (for them). I miss Windows 7...
Yes, it's the typical M$ mindset. That's why it is a hateful company IMHO. Anyway, there are tweakers for you to customize Windows in depth. There is a good one from Windows club.

Ok so relevant question: what is Techspot planning to do if they receive a DMCA takedown notice from Microsoft? Just reporting on the findings from others would probably be fair use but if you (Well, Steve, but I assume working as an official contributor for the article side at least) did the testing and that means that you've got the ISO it means that the DMCA takedowns you yourselves reported Microsoft was issuing, would necessarily apply to you and the article.

Why would ms send techspot an DMCA takedown notice?

They are not hosting the ISO or providing any links to it?

Windows UI Benchmark:-
W7 -
Bliss and BS-free
W8 - Someone stole my PC and left a 27" mobile phone in its place
W10 - Flatter than my girlfriend yet still not enough white-space
W11 - Christ this bad Mac clone is ugly. And STILL not enough white-space
W12 - OK, we've added even more white-space. You'll need a 3440x1440 Ultrawide to display 640x480 worth of content

About the benchmark result differences from this test, against other W10 x W11 benchmark comparisons claiming 5% or 10% gains, it could be due to the hardware setup. But one other thing worth considering is: What exact version and build of Windows 10 were they running? This is an important detail that could make all the difference in the world, and most comparison tests I've seen fail to disclose, including this one...

Keep in mind that Microsoft has just released this week a W10 update that claims to fix performance issues introduced since April (changes W10 to builds *.1081). If Steven Walton's test was done with this update applied, this might explain the differences.

Why would ms send techspot an DMCA takedown notice?

They are not hosting the ISO or providing any links to it?
They sent some already to people showing performance and such, it was a news item here a few days ago.

Mind you I don't think it's fair and I certainly think that it's excessive and stupid for MS to do that, but nobody is disputing that they did so already.

I remember switching from Windows XP to Windows Vista and every game under Vista ran like 20% less FPS. Considering how good current hardware is I doubt an OS can make that much of a difference in gaming.

They sent some already to people showing performance and such, it was a news item here a few days ago.

Mind you I don't think it's fair and I certainly think that it's excessive and stupid for MS to do that, but nobody is disputing that they did so already.
I remember that article it was posted on june 21, this was the title below.
Microsoft sends DMCA takedown notices to sites sharing Windows 11

so I still stand by my original statement there is no "sharing" on techspot.

Way too premature for a Windows 11 review.

Think of is as a preview since the OS isn't officially launched yet.

The new Windows is supposed to feature much better performance when going above 8 cores. AMD 5900x and 5950x are the CPU-s that should be tested. Without them, it is a waste of time.

They didn't try and do anything about this and it's been up for 6 days. Linus is kind of a big deal:

Way too premature for a Windows 11 review.

It's not a review, we're addressing performance claims of the leaked ISO at the request of viewers.

Just shows Windows 11 is window dressing. Underneath the UI it's all the same, no new kernel, no new file system, just a reskin. Sure we hear new BIG.little cpus will get a boost, and I'll bet that would have happened with the Win 22H1 update anyway. Have they even removed all traces of legacy 16bit/32bit code yet, is it truly 64bit all the way through?

This was a bad idea! After a few results, you should've realized there was no point in continuing, and just scrapped the whole project, regardless what other sites are doing- rise above the mundane.

This proves the point that Win 11 is nothing but a fresh coat of paint. Fundamentally, it seems that nothing has changed. Fortunately for Microsoft, there is not much of a competition from other OS, which allows them to just sit around applying touchups to their ancient OS. In fact, the more touchups they add, the more performance takes a hit because of more resources required to make it "look pretty".

Back