Windows 2K internet conection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

hi,

this might sound like a dumb question, but how do you connect windows 2000 to the internet (i am using broadband).

windows 2k wants you to connect via a 'modem' which i dont use, i want to use my ethernet port, but i can't find any way to connect that way!!!

any advice will be appriciated!

I don't have a 2000 machine to check on, I've never ran into this issue. It should just work, if it doesn't my guess is you don't have your NIC drivers installed and it isn't seeing the card and therefore not the internet.

If that isn't the case and you do have your NIC drivers installed, then I would guess it is in Internet Properties control panel, then the connections tab, then set the dial up to never dial and then click on LAN settings and make sure Automatically Detect Settings is checked. (Directions are for an XP machine because thats all I have at the moment to check, but it should be very similar).

Robin997 said:
windows 2k wants you to connect via a 'modem' which i dont use,
I assume you mean the Dial-up modem for a phone line
i want to use my ethernet port, but i can't find any way to connect that way!!!
The ethernet NIC connects to a Cable or ADSL Modem (a router could be in between) Do you have one and an ISP client contract to enable it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back