Windows 7 64-bit task scheduler will not run this vbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wally123

Save this as test.vbs and it will run. Schedule it and it will not.
Create a blank test.xlsx Office 2007 first.

Any ideas?

Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------

begin

Sub begin

Set excel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
excel.DisplayAlerts=false

Set wb = excel.workbooks.open("C:\test.xlsx")
wb.sheets(1).cells(1,1).value="hello"
wb.save
wb.Close
excel.Quit

End Sub

Similar task scheduler problem on Windows 7 64 bit

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. My script will run as long as I have "Run only when user is logged on" is checked. Once I check "Run whether user is logged on or not" it will no longer work. Same for you?

I have solved my problem. I needed to use "Compatibility for Server 2003, XP, 2000" and under the adminstrator login for my script to run. Maybe it will work with a different combination but I was happy it ran so this is my configuration.

Follow up question

Thanks Wally. I will try the same. Can you tell me exactly where I need to set the "Compatibility for Server 2003, XP, 2000" setting?

Just for the sake of mentioning problems with the Windows 7 64-bit task scheduler here was an issue that i had:

I had scheduled a Windows Media Player playlist to play in the morning to wake me up. I did start successfully, woke me up, played throughout the morning, but when I need to head to work I could not for the life of me end the task. I tried everything, ending tasks, services, essensial system services, playing other playlists (which just played on top of the scheduled playlist) and tried so many things. Well, I just ended up shutting the computer down to shut it off so it didnt run all day long.

Never did figure it out.

Edit: I dont really need a solution, just sharing my story. If someone would like to inform me of a specific solution to this specific problem. You can PM me, I would be appreciative.

What if you created a WScript to kill the media player process and scheduled that to run a set time after the start of 'play'.

Just for the sake of mentioning problems with the Windows 7 64-bit task scheduler here was an issue that i had:

I had scheduled a Windows Media Player playlist to play in the morning to wake me up. I did start successfully, woke me up, played throughout the morning, but when I need to head to work I could not for the life of me end the task. I tried everything, ending tasks, services, essensial system services, playing other playlists (which just played on top of the scheduled playlist) and tried so many things. Well, I just ended up shutting the computer down to shut it off so it didnt run all day long.

Never did figure it out.

Edit: I dont really need a solution, just sharing my story. If someone would like to inform me of a specific solution to this specific problem. You can PM me, I would be appreciative.

What if you created a WScript to kill the media player process and scheduled that to run a set time after the start of 'play'.

Is that something that could have done manually? I tried killing any related processes. The odd thing was that it didnt even say in the task manager under processes that windows media player was running.

then that is just odd. wmplayer should exist in the process list when it is playing. In the Task Manager, is 'Show processes from all users' checked?

Wally, its been awhile. I will have to recreate the problem and let you know. However, I found a different solution to playing my music to wake me up. So its no big deal to me now. I am curious though if this problem would still persist, maybe I found a windows 7 bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back