Windows 7 and Intel Active Management Technology drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

I upgraded my Toshiba M700 Tablet PC to windows 7 last night.
I was very VERY displeased to see that Toshiba (as far as I can see) has not put up all the drivers for Windows 7 on the driver page.
I've found every single one except one of them:

It shows up in the device manager as "PCI Simple Communications Controller".
Now, this is usually the modem. However, the modem is already installed. It shows up under "Modems" as "Toshiba Software Modem".

I looked up the Device ID and it's apparently something related to "Intel Active Management Technology".
Whatever that is.

I have installed the chipset drivers for the computer supplied by Toshiba, and apparently this driver is not included in that package.

Yes with some drivers you can use XP or Vista drivers to work with Windows 7. Remember this is a newest OS and drivers availability is just playing catch-up to this OS.

The problem is I can't find the driver for 64-bit XP either... the ID for the device is as follows:

VEN: 8086
DEV: 2A04
SUBSYS: 00011179
REV: 03

I can't seem to find the XP 64-bit drivers to use.

Intel's Active Management Technology allows for remote management and support

My guess is you don't really need/want it anyway, so in which case i'd check BIOS to see if you can simply disable AMT

Otherwise, you'll need to try and download a version of Intel's Management Engine for your machine (also see here)

You might also try Intel® Driver Update Utility. Maybe it can find the right version for you

I've never used (nor fully understand) AMT myself but understand it to be a tool (specifically supported by hardware on the motherboard) for companies to manage/monitor/support the PCs on their network.

To quote intel
Corporate IT departments can remotely discover, heal and protect their networked computing assets using new platform capabilities and popular third-party management & security applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back