Windows 7 random lockups

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassaddict

Hello,
Recently my computer started freezing. the first time i remember it happening i was playing GTA4. thinking it might be a driver issue i tryed updating but still it froze. next i cheeked for viruses, cleaned the registry, cleaned the hard drive, ran dskchk. that was all fine.
runningprime95 large FFTs
core 0 core 1 core 2 core 3
max temp 51 45 48 47

still freezing.

it seems to happen at random, its common in games but that could because i play games a lot...... its also happened when minimizing Firefox and i think while browsing.

Event viewer reports Critical error Kernel-Power ID:41

Thank you in advance for any and all reply's

Update all the drivers you can think of, check your RAM. After that you might be out of luck, Windows 7 is still an RC not a full release, so you can't expect it to be perfect. Not even retail releases are 100% perfect.

i let mem test run 6 times with out error, im going to let it do more later. no your right nothings perfect, so am i right in thinking that this is not uncommen on windows 7 RC?

If memtest made it that far without errors then your RAM is likely fine.

I don't know if it is a common problem with 7, but seeing "unexplainable" problems with an RC doesn't surprise me.

I have the same problem. I installed Windows 7 RC1 64-bit, and now it has random lockups. It's been happening totally random. Both in games and at desktop. It seems we have the same exact problem.

I've been running a couple of tests and so far it seems that there is nothing wrong with any of my hardware. I haven't run any good memory tests yet, so I will proceed to do so when I have posted this.

My specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+ (3.2 GHz)
Geforce 8800 GTX
4 GB RAM (Can find more details about the RAM if needed)
ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe

Seems maybe we do not have the same exact problem. I ran Memtest and after 1 pass it found 10 errors.... Since you didnt get any errors, I guess our problems are not related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back