Windows 7 won't reboot, stuck on Windows starting

Sounds probably simpler than I think it is , since theres a few curious goings on here...........

The symptoms.....

Computer crashs on me some time ago ( a few months ago , but havent needed it again up to now )
automatically goes to windows repair screen , shows to be loading for some time...
windows can not fix message , try advanced options , memory diagnostic , system restore
Memory shows no issues , and system restore continuously fails.

In the back of my mind , I put down to software issues , possible virus. Didnt have my original disc handy ( im abroad ) so used my laptop up to now.
Cut to the other day , I get hold of a COPY of win7 , as I have my key still.
Installed a fresh one , probably unrelated but had the common 651 error , wouldnt connect to internet. I managed to sort this by copy and pasting raspppoe.sys from my laptop

Only for the computer to fail in exactly the same way after restarting after updates.
So being a glutten for punishment I did another install , this one lasted a day and a half surprisingly !
I made sure all drivers were up to date with Driver genius , tried to update my bios , but had the latest update already. So the computer seemingly worked fine , restarted a few times with no major issues. UNTIL today !

It did the exact same thing to me, went to the windows repairing screen , thought there was a ray of hope this time , as it said something about windows may be able to fix the problem, only for it to restart and stick on the windows is starting screen ?

Im also now thinking I have done something to further roger it , because I was almost going to do another fresh install , and I thought , no wait , ill see if there are any other options 1st , and see if theres nothing loose inside , as it did make a long trip in the back of van from UK to Hungary. So had a prod around , checked all the connectors were ok , I did remove one of the sticks of ram , and pulled out the HDD connector and placed back.

SO now , it wont recognize any of the bootable disc I have ? I says discs because I have a copy of winXP , that I dont think my system will run away , install to the last point yes , but run no ! well anyways any of the discs I put in , it just goes straight to the windows starting screen , and hangs there ????

If I dont put a disc in , and wait to be prompted , and then put it in , it wont ave it !!!

Sorry for the essay , but wanted to best explain it ! please any advice !

Just to add , half an hour ago it was seeing the disc , and booting it up , both the xp and the windows7 now its not aving it ???

This happened to me in the past. Try booting into safemode and running Malwarebytes to check for any malware, do a full scan. If it detects nothing, go into safemode and go to "Computer", and then right click on the C: drive, and then properties, choose the tools tab, and then press "Check now" under error-checking. Make sure both boxes are checked ("automatically fix file system errors" and "scan for and attempt to recover bad sectors"), and it will require a reboot. This will take a few hours, so give it time. Once this is complete try defragmenting in safe mode, and then you should be good to go.

Back