Windows Error - BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone & anyone -

Could someone be kind enough to translate what the attached minidump file is trying to tell me?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Attachments

• Mini020708-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
I do not do minidumps. But if you find the Error in the event Viewer that corresponds with the BSOD, I'll try to help:

Follow this path:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

Please follow the copy instruction.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 2/7/08
Time: 10:17 P
User: N/A
Computer: ACER-81080EA37F
Description:
Error code 10000050, parameter1 bad0b148, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 80563ae3, parameter4 00000000.
-------------------------------------------------
Thanks for helping...

Please tell me what you are doing when this happens.

Are you getting random reboots?
How much RAM do you have installed?
Do you have a nVidia graphics card?
Does this happen when you start up?

Please do the Windows Memory Diagnostic:
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Your error is an 0x50 citing ntoskrnl.exe as the issue but this is too general of a description to give any definitive answers. The more minidumps the better so if you have them then send them

Here is a description of what this error means from auhma.org:

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Since this error can be caused by many things if you answer Bobbye's questions that should help narrow it down.

No random reboots... 512K RAM...nVidia Graphics Card - Is this the same as Graphics Controller? My control panel says Intel Extreme Graphics 2M ... it doesn't happen on startup, only rare occasions, about 6-8 months between incidents

When it does occur is it when you are playing games or utilizing online video or runningCD/DVDs?

Since this only happens once every 6-8 months, you need to keep a record of exactly what you are doing at that time. Perhaps working on Excel, having Word open and the browser launched was too much for the system to handle.

I can't get too worried about 'once every 6-8 months' because that likely means it's something very specific that you are doing at that time and not a flaw in the system itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back