Resolved Windows File Protection: files that are required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just installed win xp2 on my new hard drive as the other ran out of space and was causing system freeze; however from day 1 of instalation, I keep getting this annoying pop-up. It is virtualy everyday that this occurs and not only do I have to go through the tedious process of reloading windows,I cannot seem to get rid of the cycle altogether..

Windows File Prevention: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaces by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the original version of these file.
Insert your Windows CD now.

I ran HJT an attached my log

Please any ideas on how to fix this???

Regards

jose

Attachments

• ajose's WFP#1.log
    5.5 KB · Views: 2
We can check out the report from Combofix, but you are basically having a system problem. I double that malware will tell you to use the CD for the operating system. I'll take a look, then possibly refer you to a different forum. or have you run additional programs:

Please download ComboFix HERE:
  • With ComboFix, at the download window, please rename it to Combo-Fix(.exe) before downloading it.

Important! Save the renamed download to your desktop.
  • Please disable all security programs, such as antiviruses, antispywares, and firewalls.
  • Double click on the setup file on the desktop to run
  • If prompted to download and install the Recovery Console, please do so.
    (Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.)
  • If prompted to update, please allow.
  • Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a log.Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
Notes:

• 1.Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
    2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings.
    3. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security.
    4. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run.

I have followed your advice & run ComboFix in safe mode, during which it prompted for me to download Recovery Console but couldnt because it didnt recognize my internet connection. Here's the log, please can you look into for me and advice on how to resolve

Attachments

• ajose's WFP ComboFix_log.txt
    30.4 KB · Views: 2
It appears that either you don't have a legitimate copy of Windows or that you attempted reactivation improperly:

"XPActivationreset"="c:\windows\xpcrack.exe" [2009-06-18 73720]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back