Windows freezes up at XP slpash screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone.

i bought a new mother board (asus mba m3a), 4 gig or ram, new hard drive, and video card (geforce 8800) i put at all together and cant get windows to stop freezing. Upon installing windows xp professional i installed all the dirvers and restarted the computer and it got to the XP loading screen where the little blue progress bar works, then slows to a snails pace and windows just wont load.
if i turn the computer off at the power switch, then start windows, it starts up fine, but it will just freeze all over again upon the next restart. its not an XP problem either as the same thing happened with VISTA.

i have finally had enough of just ignoring the problem and ive scoured the internet for a remedy and ive found everything from from intel chip set updates (ive got an amd so it doesnt help me) to video or sound driver issues..............all of the discussions i have found have been over a year old so im eager to find a solution that has come up since then.

if anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it i'd be eternally grateful....

thanks a lot in advance

im pretty sure it did

but im currently doing a re install due to a nasty virtumonde virus that burrowed its way into my system, and i have just started windows up brefore installing any driver or software and it seems fine

i have re started 3 times now and no freeze

could this mean it is probable to be a driver issue???

ps thanks a lot for replying and helping

i started installing one driver at a time from a usb

the mother board drivers worked fine

then did the network drivers and it froze again on restart (coincidentally a restart that wasnt even requested)

i turned the system off at the power and it started up just fine

any recomendations for the next step

cheers again

so does that mean its a network

Uninstall the network drivers and try again.

Is that an onboard chip or add-on card you have the drivers for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back