Windows has crashed, tried everything I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
i turned on my pc, which is a dell dimension 9200 with windows xp. a black screen then came up saying : "windows could not start because the following file is misssing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.
my computer has crashed on previous ocassions and i solved it by re-insatlling windows using the operating system disc. so i tried this and when i booted the disc a blue screen came up with windows setup at the top and at the bottom it says setup is loading files. when it finished loading the files another blue screen came up with a stop message:
"0x0000007b (0xf78e2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"
usally when i booted the operating system cd, i could repair or re-install windows but now i get this. also i cant start in any 3 of the safe modes either as the original message just comes back up when i try to do so.

i'm not worried about losing all my saved files, i don't mind staring from scratch i just want my pc workin again.

any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!!!
thanks!!

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

daniel91, I don't have much to offer except to say thatyou can remove your harddrive and "slave" it into another system and see if you can access your harddrive. Many people do this and are able to run harddrive diagnostics as well as transferring their important information.

Also, see if your cables are set properly. Sometimes bad cables can cause these issues.

I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back