Windows Installer Keeps Launching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I am extremely computer illiterate, so I don't even know if I am posting in the right area.

Everytime I start up my computer, it launches a Windows Installer program. I don't know why! Do you know how I would stop this? Thanks!

Stacey

Startup Control Panel. Direct Link here--> http://www.mlin.net/files/StartupCPL.zip

Will help you stop startups, on the next restart of your computer.

The "what program" part depends on which program you want stopped.
You can press Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard (at the same time) To see what processes are presently running.
You can also, right click on a process and end it (if you know which process that you want stapped. (but this will startup the next time you restart your computer anyway - hence the above link to Startup Control Panel)

Please try unticking as many startup processes (using the above download link) then restart your computer (the only one to usually keep in Startup is AntiVirus)

thanks! I don't know what the windows start up is called. When it starts up each time I do the end task but I am getting tired of that. I loaded link you gave me so we will see if that works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back