Windows live mesenger - help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying instal live mesenger 8.5
I get error code 80072efd, after trouble shooting i get
from test result mesage: Key Ports
and advice about fire wall. I swich off completly fire wall.

This problem is prababbly making impossible: Skype and SightSpeed
co conect to internet. Is any one have any idea what is wrong in my computer?
i run xp. please help

Welcome janusz7,
first things first... What is your computer? We need things like make, model, and OS (version of Windows) I use Windows Live Messenger on my system. You can see what my system is under my "System Specs"

google for Belarc Advisor and run as an Admin account.
it will report all missing updates AND profile the system environment.

You should always run some kind of Firewall!
http://community.zdnet.co.uk/ said:
The other problem was with firewalls - two problems, actually. The very first time that I ran SightSpeed on my laptop, it worked just fine and connected to the fish tank. The next time I started it up, it said that it couldn't connect to the SightSpeed servers. I use AVG Internet Security, including their Firewall, and it turned out that somehow it had gotten its knickers into a twist over SightSpeed. All I had to do was delete SightSpeed entry from the firewall program list, and the next time I started SightSpeed the AVG Firewall made a new rule, and it has been fine ever since. The second part of this problem is that when I am in my office, the company firewall apparently blocks SightSpeed from connecting also. The symptom is very similar to the previous problem. I'm pretty sure that I just need to find out what ports SightSpeed want to use (I've seen this mentioned in their support web pages), and ask our network administrator to open those ports. Whether he will do that or not is another question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back